GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 2016 Vw Golf Tsi 1.8 Build

WilliamD

June of 2019 i had got in a car accident in my 2015 jetta

so the car was totaled and i went ahead a bought a golf tsi wanted to get a gti but was only working one part time job
fast forward to April 2020 ive finally had some extra money to start moding out

Current Mod list
MK7 OEM Down pipe and exhaust
Blacked out VW EMBLEMS

Future Mods list
Resonator delete
turbo upgrade(unsure which one to get)
Gti side skirts
Gti bumper
Turbo muffler delete
Maxton front splitter
suspension
wheels

Any other suggestions are welcome

WilliamD

Finally sstarted spending money and picked up a gti oem downpipe and exhaust

Attachments

• 60962102399__BC3414FD-B63B-4BDE-8409-DD632C9BCFE5.jpg
    60962102399__BC3414FD-B63B-4BDE-8409-DD632C9BCFE5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the start of your new journey.
If you're not doing your own work, start with a tune instead of a new turbo. Even stage 1 really make it come alive. If you are, IS20 is a cheap start. There's a few on here with that setup. Just search their threads our maybe they'll chime in.

As far as the GTI exhaust, afaik, (but I haven't done it) you need a GTI rear valence. Not sure if you got that as well.

WilliamD

yeah i picked up a valence as well, and where do you think i should get a tune apr is a dream to have but kinda pricey

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Welcome! Nice to see another 1.8 on here! There are a few 1.8 builds on here that are worth reading through for inspiration!

saltman

Bringing this thread back up, was thinking of going is20 on 87 through apr and was curious if the downpipe and 2.5” gti mid section is/was worth it. I’m already 2.5 from where the muffler was with a Muffler delete tailpipe pipe. Also what is a fair price to pay for the is20, I have one found that only has a few miles on it for $500