GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 16 gti 6mt ihx475

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
Hey guys/girls. So a little background on me... I race professionally in IMSA and coach other pro drivers for a living. That being said, I do not advocate racing on the street, but I recently purchased a 16 gti manual with a peloquin diff and an ihx475 turbo. I'm used to driving some pretty fast cars on track at work of course so my view of fast is skewed. In no way shape or form do I think my car is very fast but I have yet to be beat on the highway. Just today some guy in a v6 supercharged S4 guessing like a 2012 with exhaust and suspension, other than that I have no idea caught up to me and started to harass me so finally as he floors it I drop from 6th to 4th taking my time and eventually pull at least a bus length on him/her (tinted windows) lol seemed pretty butthurt, I just went back to doing 78mph in the right lane as he tried again to race me lol I have no idea what kind of power my car is making but so far it's been pretty fast in comparison, granted I think I've only "raced" one or two other cars. My buddy who is also a pro driver has one of those 3 series twin turbo BMW's that's tuned putting down around 430whp and we are dead even until we quit at around 130mph. My car looks bone stock btw I haven't installed suspension yet and has the stock cat back haha

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
Give it some ethanol.
Eh I just daily this car. Dont want to put much effort into it. I totally believe you about that, just dont care enough lol h&r sports and vwr shocks are about as far as I'm going with this car seeing as how the previous owner did the turbo and diff already. I appreciate the input though!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I made 430whp on pump on my IHX475.

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
Damn! Does it ever stop revving? What is the redline 10,000rpm?! :ROFLMAO:

btw real nice driving
haha was the first time I ever drove an e92 M3 I felt the same way, thing revved so high I had to adjust my shift points. after this video i knew i wanted one especially bc of the sound it makes!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
haha was the first time I ever drove an e92 M3 I felt the same way, thing revved so high I had to adjust my shift points. after this video i knew i wanted one especially bc of the sound it makes!

They do sound pretty awesome with an aftermarket exhaust. What kind of an exhaust does he have?