GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mwoodski's 2017 GSW 4mo

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I had (mostly) no issues with my CF cheapies, with the exception that I had to use a ratchet strap to put the driver's side on and I lost a trim tool somewhere along the way. The two may be related, but I'm a bit afraid to pull everything apart to find out.

Pics with the gloss black installed? also I just realized there are only decals on two of the four wheels, and it's triggeriffic.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I had (mostly) no issues with my CF cheapies, with the exception that I had to use a ratchet strap to put the driver's side on and I lost a trim tool somewhere along the way. The two may be related, but I'm a bit afraid to pull everything apart to find out.

Pics with the gloss black installed? also I just realized there are only decals on two of the four wheels, and it's triggeriffic.

AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME SIDE!

AT LEAST PUT THEM BOTH ON THE FRONT WHEELS OR SUMTHIN!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

whatever-blah.gif

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
i like how they look both with and without them so i figured id put them on each side so its a little different based on which side you see the car from.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
i like how they look both with and without them so i figured id put them on each side so its a little different based on which side you see the car from.
I get it, and that's perfectly logical -- while it's more fun to be faux-upset about your decision, I think it makes sense and lowkey is a pretty interesting interpretation, and recognizes existence in perspective.

I like it, and it feels unsettling at the same time. Well done.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
how expensive is it? here's a $20 heat gun, if it's under $150 I vote try it out and see what happens.
yeah they're like $80 on ebay. i know i need to cut some shit off of the ends of it because of the difference in angle of the d pillars.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
here's a thread where someone asked about differences, sounds like the shape of the hatches is different, I'm still a believer in the heat gun approach BUT it sounds like there are also other options

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/anyone-want-to-talk-about-aftermarket-spoilers-wings.9086170/

^ is someone who made some other options fit, and that thread might help as well.

As someone who always wanted a neat hatch spoiler on a mk4 wagon, I vote make one fit. Particularly because $86 is a dirt cheap investment to potentially have something really cool.