GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Must do OBD11 Modifications?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
DRL dim with turn signal was already with my car. Not sure if that is standard with LP or previous owner performed this mod?

I actually watched a youtube video where the guy enables it to prevent it from dimming when using the turn signal. I believe this is somewhat a safety hazard in that the other oncoming traffic cannot see the blinker that clear enough with the DRL light active. I remember it was kind of funny to me because in the video he said, try it out, if you don't like it, you can just set it back. I'm thinking, you might not own a GTI after turning it on to get a chance turn it back off. :ROFLMAO:

I think they turn off when you use the turn signal in the stock setting. It could a DOT requirement. I remember having to specifically pick the dim setting.

I have no idea what makes the light do the "happy dance" at startup. It doesn't always do it.

I should have made a list of the changes I've made. If I had to go and change them back...I'd have to look it up all over againo_O. It been a while since I've used the OBD11 to make any changes.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I think they turn off when you use the turn signal in the stock setting. It could a DOT requirement. I remember having to specifically pick the dim setting.

I have no idea what makes the light do the "happy dance" at startup. It doesn't always do it.

I should have made a list of the changes I've made. If I had to go and change them back...I'd have to look it up all over againo_O. It been a while since I've used the OBD11 to make any changes.
FYI the DRL/signal dimming adjustment isn't possible on the Mk7.5 w/ LEDs; the lighting package lights are mostly no longer controlled by the Central Electrics module.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
make log of all settings before doing ANY changes

^^This...especially if you do any long coding.

I screwed up my tail light settings after installing my Euro lights. I was fortunate enough to have Don over in the OBD11 forums to help me where the messed up setting was.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I used mine to custom code lighting, my folding mirrors and tracking pertinent information for the car.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
^^This...especially if you do any long coding.

I screwed up my tail light settings after installing my Euro lights. I was fortunate enough to have Don over in the OBD11 forums to help me where the messed up setting was.
With the update history now tracks this, it even recognized changes i made with VCDS

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Last edited:

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
First make sure you never forget what email you used to sign up for it. I did and now it won't send me a recovery email so I'm S.O.L lol. But Apple has the full app with all features. They updated that. I did it with an iPhone. I now have an android.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

ottobon100

Car(s)
2018 Golf GTI "S"
First thing was to deactivate start/stop. Then windows up/down with key fob, A/C adjustment for hot countries, steering response reset to "automatic" (low rpm comfortable, higher rpm dynamic (stiffer)), needle sweep/gauge test, interior lights fade while entering/exiting car, comfort turn signal changed from 3 to 4, passenger mirror dip in reverse, and Soundaktor off.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
First thing was to deactivate start/stop. Then windows up/down with key fob, A/C adjustment for hot countries, steering response reset to "automatic" (low rpm comfortable, higher rpm dynamic (stiffer)), needle sweep/gauge test, interior lights fade while entering/exiting car, comfort turn signal changed from 3 to 4, passenger mirror dip in reverse, and Soundaktor off.
I have my steering set to dynamic and thinking automatic may be a better choice. TBH, I don't feel like dynamic is particulary stiff.

Maybematt

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE (auto)
hmm can someone explain auto vs dynamic steering? I prefer it to be the stiffest all the time, even low speed. What would I change for that?

Passenger mirror dip sounds really good as well. I just got the car and cannot grasp the dimensions, I'm always kind of far from the curb lol.

ottobon100

Car(s)
2018 Golf GTI "S"
hmm can someone explain auto vs dynamic steering? I prefer it to be the stiffest all the time, even low speed. What would I change for that?

Passenger mirror dip sounds really good as well. I just got the car and cannot grasp the dimensions, I'm always kind of far from the curb lol.
If you use the OBDeleven app to change to "automatic" then steering response at low rpm will be comfortable (normal) and at higher rpm dynamic (stiffer). If you want stiffer all the time you would select "dynamic". I really can't tell a whole lot of difference between the two. I really like the passenger mirror dip.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

The mirror dip only really works with folding mirrors which were a ROW option.

Maybematt

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE (auto)
If you use the OBDeleven app to change to "automatic" then steering response at low rpm will be comfortable (normal) and at higher rpm dynamic (stiffer). If you want stiffer all the time you would select "dynamic". I really can't tell a whole lot of difference between the two. I really like the passenger mirror dip.
Ah thank you! Ill look for them in the apps/control module. Since i got 200 credits with the pro sub.
The differences are very subtle for the steering. But driving mod sport/ind i set to dynamic steering, and you so get a bit more steering feel