GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffle Delete in cabin drone reduction

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Hey guys, so I have a muffle delete and my only gripe was between 2k to 3k rpm I had a noticable volume increase in cabin from the delete. I think where they cut for the Y pipe was the source of my problem

Basically its right under where the spare tire sits and thats just a thin aluminum piece.

So i put some dynamat over where that cut was made inside the car. I didn't think the 4 square feet I bought was going to do the entire area but i thought i would of got more covered than i did.

So i was surprised when this actually evened out the in cabin noise and took away some of the rawness the muffler delete. I don't know if ill finish the rest of the spare tire area that isn't covered. I'll take a couple days of driving and see.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Lol just replied to you on muffler delete thread. I haven't finished the entire trunk but still feel this little bit has helped. I do plan to add more though. This really seems to level out the noise out put and keep the rawness down

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
I was thinking of taking it down and putting dynamat at each of the screws but i guess it's really not needed with out the suit case muffle there. Good thinking jake gti

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
So after removing the heatshield and covering the rest of the spare tire area with dynamat im please with the reduction of drone. The tone is even now and sounds good. If i end up tunning i may put the stock muffler on and run a DP, but for now i like it