GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mufasakoji's "Knives Chau" 2018 Mk7.5 Golf R build

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So like the colossal idiot that I am, I thought my old AP from my gti could be used across my R... I was terribly wrong.

So now I need to wait to sell/trade this one before I can install my tunes lol

If anyone is in the South FL area and is in need of an AP for a GTI, a stock Golf R DP and intercooler let me know!
I could be wrong but I thought if you paid a fee Cobb could switch it.

Mufasakoji

Ready to race!
So after my giant fuck up I was able to get everything fixed with the help of Patrick from EQT. Can't thank him and his team enough for fixing my licensing and tunes to match my R.

Like many forums have mentioned here, EQT stage 2 with the dsg tune is insane. I feel like I bought a brand new car. Going to take pictures after Knives has been cleaned and a possible sound clip.

Next mod is either the bilstein b8 shock and struts or bfi stage 1 engine/ trans mounts. Want to make sure the car can handle all the extra power.

Last edited:

Bievahh

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Finished installing the do88 intercooler and trackslag with vibrant resonator.

The resonator truly was a tight fit on this compared to the GTI. I'll have the spark plugs and an oil change done later today and I'll finally be able to flash both tunes. Excited to see what this baby can do!
Where did they fit the res? I was reading Vibrants can't fit due to the driveshaft on Rs

Mufasakoji

Ready to race!
Where did they fit the res? I was reading Vibrants can't fit due to the driveshaft on Rs

He had to cut off some from the transitioning piece to be able to have enough to weld.

I'm going to check to see if I have any photos saved on my computer. If not, I had to go down there install a dog bone anyways so i'll take photo of the set up when I can.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
nice updates! the racingline wheels and those calipers look perfect!

Mufasakoji

Ready to race!
During some of the heavy rain we've been receiving down here in South Florida, the black vinyl that came with my car had a giant rip. Alongside the rear windows tint peeling, I decided to take advantage and go all the way on the cosmetic end

Took my car to High End Detail last Friday and chose to get a full front end with xpel, ceramic coating, new black Gloss roof vinyl, and xpel plus window tints all around. They posted a video of the job so far on Instagram and it has me extremely excited.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CepF5FrlC0u/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Later on, I'll buy the BFI stage 1 engine, Trans, and dog bone mount kit to combat the jerkiness I've been feeling since. Should really firm up the ride.