GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps/Splash Guards - Yes or No

ogrisker

Ready to race!
Some of you have them and swear by them, others think they look ugly. I'm planing to install them since i saw a GTI with oem mud flaps and they look really good on the car. Not to big and they kinda loo like they are part of the body. Why you like/dislike them? Of course post em if you have them.

just picked up a set of rears for mine!!! will mount up soon

FRAK

With my long commute and crap DC metro roads, I went with Rokblokz short flaps to go along with my 17" RSe05s. They're not as obtrusive in real life as I thought they would be:

FRAK

I haven't seen anyone here running just rear flaps. You'll still get a lot of spray from the front wheels since they can turn. Besides, they're usually sold as an entire set, front and rear.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I haven't seen anyone here running just rear flaps. You'll still get a lot of spray from the front wheels since they can turn. Besides, they're usually sold as an entire set, front and rear.
I'm planning on getting Rieger sideskirts, hence the no front flap imperative. Just curious about the looks of rear flaps alone.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Already resurrected, so 1/2 cent included. :p

I have the OEMs on my CFB Rabbit. Enough black on it that they blend in well, and after issues with the leading edge of body panels nearest the tires I have a preference whether really needed or not.

After the fact I think I saw them on DAG (if memory serves) cheaper than the dealership (I want to say around $84-85/set).

We put Rokblokz on my wife's Tiguan as they were cheaper than OEM and I hadn't found DAG yet. Adjustability in or out more could be useful, but she has them all the way in and aren't obtrusive. They're all black so not rowdy like many Subies and such have. With that one certainly want them as it's more likely to do dirt/gravel roads.

In the end it's your personal preference. Those who don't like them don't have to get them.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt

Theyre available in pairs, I have the rears sitting in my garage waiting to go on for literally months now lol. I just got the rears mainly to cut down on the amount of dirt and grime on my rear window

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Just had my OEM ones installed today. They blend in pretty well with the dark blue. I was on the fence but I like them so far.
IMG_5441.jpg
IMG_5442.jpg