GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps/Splash Guards - Yes or No

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
I recently bought factory flaps. Just looks right to me. And they do serve a purpose if your like me and clean your car weekly

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Almost can't even see the mud flaps IMO, the fronts do however keep a little of the dirt off the side of the car. OEM fit like a glove and dont make the car look like a wannabe rally car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yowalter

Passed Driver's Ed
Seriously considering getting an OEM pair. Has anybody found a place to get them for a good price?

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
I got mine purely for looks. Ive always loved the look of mud flaps. Plus they really do serve a purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OEM mud flaps are awesome, IMO. They blend right into the lower trim of the vehicle and don't look cheesy like some of the WRX mud flaps around. Easy install as well. Personally think they look great!

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Red Hound MK7 GTI OEM replica mud guards

I decided to take a gamble on some OEM replica MK7 GTI mud guards from a company called "Red Hound". I'd never heard of them before but I found them here. Most of the OEM replicas I'd seen were for the Golf not the GTI. Got them for $40 so I figured why not.

They are a US company but the guards are made in China. The plastic itself is decent quality and blends in well with the other black trim on the car. The fit is very good - maybe not as perfect as OEM but I haven't seen those to be able to really comment. The drivers side front I got a small 2-3 mm gap but that was probably my installation (didn't quite get the positioning of one of the screws perfect). The screws they provided are not great and one of the rear ones I stripped the screw while mounting so I used the OEM one instead and it worked fine.

Basically, if you're looking for a less expensive but decent quality alternative to the OEM ones you might want to give them a try.

Pics: (please excuse the dirty car, we're expecting rain again this week so haven't bothered washing her)

Box:

Test fit:

Front:

Rear:

Final:

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
was considering mud guards, especially after the last couple times it rained here all the road grime/dirt/slosh just ends up on my bumper/hatch. Have ya'll noticed an improvement in deflection of this stuff and less accumulation on the bumper (especially on the hatch/bumper load lip)

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Looks like a decent fit, it would be hard to tell the difference between them and the OEM from 15 feet.

Exactly. If inspected up close you could probably tell the difference with the OEM ones (personally I haven't seen the OEM ones in the flesh). But at a normal viewing distance they look great.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I think the OEM ones look really good. The '17 sport has black mirrors along with the typical GTI black accents all over the car so these blend in really nice. They look sharp on my tornado red imo