GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps/Splash Guards - Yes or No

ghost_03

Ready to race!
There's no tape. It's all screws and plastic push rivets (not sure of the correct term for those). It's been awhile and I don't have the instructions handy, but IIRC there was some drilling for the rear ones and possibly some hole poking in the felt liner to make a screw hole. Or maybe not. I've put on so many flaps that the memory blends them all. It was not a difficult install. Removing the tires makes it easier.

Re your first question, nope I intend to keep them on. I will check periodically for any wear underneath though.

Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like I'll be able to work something out with them for winter use.

tpat

Went with Rokblokz Flaps myself. They're a bit large looking on the GTI but they do a great job protecting against snow/ice in winter and mud and grass in summer. Had Rally Armor flaps on my Evo previously so it wasn't much of a stretch for me. Plus these won't rub the paint like the OEM ones will. Flaps aren't the greatest looking thing in the world especially on a GTI, but they're great for protecting your paint on a daily driver.

rusty9041

Anybody have any DIY alternatives? These seem awfully easy to replicate. I'm getting an Alltrack and do a ton of driving on dirt and gravel so they'd be quite useful for me.

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Rusty there's probably a generic kit you could get cheaper, maybe not 100% diy but partial. Maybe someone who's got flaps but hasn't installed them can give you the hole pattern. Really, the holes are on the car, just screw them in. The tears have that third one that just screws into the fender liner. I put rokblokz on my Alltrack this weekend. The Tupperware fenders mean you need special screws, can't use the metal tabs the instructions say to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty9041

I may begrudgingly go with the rally armor kit from autoanything at 20% off. I want to go the urethane route for the flexibility. There is also a universal urethane kit on ebay for $80.

mkygod

Ready to race!
I like the style of the OEM flaps, but since they are black, they only blend into dark colored cars.

Has anyone seen OEM or OEM-style mudflaps that have been painted to match the body color?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Not unhappy w my rokblokz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Installed Rokblokz, they look great. Bought em used from a member on the site