GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MrsDutch Can't Drive Stick

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
And my car isn't super n00b friendly at this point. Short throws don't make for a great learning experience.

Anyone have recommendations for a really easy car to learn on, or do driving schools exist for this sole purpose?

Joel

Ready to race!

I have a few of these that range in power.

The near stock power ones work good for teaching the basics.
But of course the change to hand throttle and foot gear to foot throttle and hand gear confuse the hell out of some...
Honda ATC 70's they are fairly low key for riding around.

Ride all around my brothers neighborhood without hassle.

Love when it snows...

Last edited:

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Some driving schools do teach how to drive stick. But a Honda rental vehicle should be easy to learn on. The GTI clutch is harder than the Honda's and the Honda is more forgiving.

Not an SI or Type R btw lol

When I taught one of my ex's to drive stick, i put her on Forza motorsport 6 with a full rig until she got it down, then put her in my M3, she actually did well.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Do they even offer manual car rentals anymore? I'd suggesting that and then moving up to your car :D

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Manual rentals are non-existent unless there's a private option. Maybe I should throw a wanted ad on Craigslist. Beater civic needed for one day.

Square1

Go Kart Champion

I have a few of these that range in power.

The near stock power ones work good for teaching the basics.
But of course the change to hand throttle and foot gear to foot throttle and hand gear confuse the hell out of some...
Honda ATC 70's they are fairly low key for riding around.

Ride all around my brothers neighborhood without hassle.

Love when it snows...
Holy shit. My kid and I are coming to your place. That's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Manual rentals are non-existent unless there's a private option. Maybe I should throw a wanted ad on Craigslist. Beater civic needed for one day.

Hmm.. maybe try Turo if it's available in your area?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
2000 Honda Civic.
Or any civic.

Agreed, I had a '98 Civic EX sedan for several years. Civic 5-speeds shift like butter, and clutch pedal feel is typically very light...

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
best way to learn is find a gravel road that no one goes on and put her on an incline. when she can start from a stop without slinging gravel she is golden. how I learned and how I taught my wife.