GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
I like that radar detector mount

Reminds me that I've had a hardwire kit for my R3, and a dash cam sitting in a drawer for my GTI for the past year haha
I love the quality of the Blendmount. Just not a fan of the $150 price tag.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
First time I've seen that dash cam brand, looks great. Does it allow for recording when the car is off to see if the tech is taking the car out for lunch?
Also, the duality of man;
View attachment 300800

They're not bad. From everything I've seen, they work great.

However, the FitCamX cameras are just AliExpress cameras marked up about 100%. As long as you're fine ordering from there, you can get one for about half of what they charge.

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
The Black R may take the cake for having the dirtiest engine bay I have ever seen. I'm assuming the previous owner drove 113k miles on gravel roads and never cleaned the engine bay.

IMG_3647.jpg

Just used some Simple Green, a detail brush, and a 40-degree tip on a pressure washer. The Euro Intake Manifold cover was a nice addition since it was just laying around from my White R.
IMG_4033.jpg

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
I always shit my pants trying to figure out how to properly wash the engine bay. Did you disconnect the battery? Bag any extra parts or avoid certain parts with the pressure washer?
Cheers,
Try to avoid directly spraying the battery and alternator. The 40° tip on the pressure washer is fairly light pressure so it was fine.