GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI Question

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I acquired a European spec OE MPI Fuel rail from a fellow member and I'm just about ready to install it into my car but I went to install the injectors on the rail and it seems that they do not fit. The injectors I plan on using for the port rail are the ones that were from the direct injection rail. They mate up perfectly to the metal rail but they don't mate up to the port rail. I was wondering if anyone knows if the euro port injectors are a different size than the DI injectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
DI injectors are not port injectors.
well shit, that just took my $20 MPI kit and jacked up the price :( Any idea on where I could find factory port injectors? Obviously I could get them from an MPI kit but I am trying to see if this is possible to do for less than $200 all in.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
oh okay, yeah I'm not really looking for a power bump at this point, I'm pretty comfortable with where the car is but I came across another member selling the euro rail and i figured it would be a fun project. Especially since a friend just totaled out his car and he gave me the euro intake manifold from it.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I have a ROW rail with something like 300 miles on it that came with the dinky OEM injectors on it. PM me if you want the injectors.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
well shit, that just took my $20 MPI kit and jacked up the price :( Any idea on where I could find factory port injectors? Obviously I could get them from an MPI kit but I am trying to see if this is possible to do for less than $200 all in.
How are you enabling and tuning them, Maestro selftuned? Price will be a lot higher if you need to get a new custom MPI tune from somewhere.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
How are you enabling and tuning them, Maestro selftuned? Price will be a lot higher if you need to get a new custom MPI tune from somewhere.
working through revisions with my current tuner so it would be a small price increase for him to modify the file to run MPI. I’ve seen a few people self tuning with ED. How do you even get started with that?