GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI Issue Diagnosis

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
Hello, I am having a problem with my mpi setup (pr kit) it is either the wiring or the hardware, the injectors had been flow tested prior to installation. I've already double checked all the injector connectors, fuel rail pressure sensor and the connectors going to the intake runner flaps the only other thing that I could think of would be the 104 pin connector if some of them are pinned wrong? Any help/feedback is appreciated.

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
Well... What's the issue? You never said exactly what problem you are having with the kit.
I am not even too sure Im currently trying to get tuned via eqt and they just told me that there is something wrong with either the hardware or wiring. I can attach logs

This was the initial basemap log when they mentioned something was wrong with the mpi
https://datazap.me/u/avgmk7/briuh?log=0&data=8-12-15-18-27-28-29-30-32

This other log is only 2-3500 after I had double checked all the wiring and it still didnt fix the issue I guess, not too sure what I am supposed to be looking for either. :/
https://datazap.me/u/avgmk7/jkl?log=0&data=8-12-15-18-27-28-29-30-32&mark=116

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
Well... What's the issue? You never said exactly what problem you are having with the kit.
I just remembered I never added the red wire to the fuse pannel that they say to do at the end of the instructions because I had spoke with pr via email and they said it wasn't necessary because I am not being tuned via UM?, maybe I should try installing that?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I just remembered I never added the red wire to the fuse pannel that they say to do at the end of the instructions because I had spoke with pr via email and they said it wasn't necessary because I am not being tuned via UM?, maybe I should try installing that?

No, you don't need to install that since you don't have flex fuel (UM). I had a similar issue when I installed my PR MPI kit. Ended up being a faulty fuel sensor that's on the fuel rail.

slogti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
APR Stage 1+ GTI
No, you don't need to install that since you don't have flex fuel (UM). I had a similar issue when I installed my PR MPI kit. Ended up being a faulty fuel sensor that's on the fuel rail.

Hmmm good to know how should I go about checking to see if mine works?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Hold up. The red wire that requires the 20amp fuse? Yea not sure what PR told you but that’s power feed for the injectors. Kinda important. Grey would be specific to UM as this is for flex fuel and the only set of wires in the harness that can be left uninstalled if desired.
Grey - E-sensor signal.
Black - E-sensor Ground
Purple - E-Sensor Power.
If the red wasn’t required for MPI none of us would deal with opening up the fuse box since that can be a pain in the ass.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Hold up. The red wire that requires the 20amp fuse? Yea not sure what PR told you but that’s power feed for the injectors. Kinda important. Grey would be specific to UM as this is for flex fuel and the only set of wires in the harness that can be left uninstalled if desired.
Grey - E-sensor signal.
Black - E-sensor Ground
Purple - E-Sensor Power.
If the red wasn’t required for MPI none of us would deal with opening up the fuse box since that can be a pain in the ass.

Are you sure about that?

Shit, it hasn't been that long since I installed the damn thing. Let me go take a look.

5 minutes later...

Yep, red is hooked up to the 20amp fuse. Getting old sucks, memory loss is a bitch.