GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI Intake Manifold

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Correct, but only to 400hp and I'm not paying 5000euros for 400hp :)
Also they are not offering software to this setup unless you buy a turbo from them. So I don't really see the point in trying to get them enabling mpi.

Talk to EDi Performance i know they have done some custom stuff with etuners, but i dont know if they have a TCU tune for the DQ381. Other alternative is TVS Engineering in Holland or MTR Performance in Germany.

Snowman89

Talk to EDi Performance i know they have done some custom stuff with etuners, but i dont know if they have a TCU tune for the DQ381. Other alternative is TVS Engineering in Holland or MTR Performance in Germany.

I'll check with EDI and TVS. I've tried to get in contact with MTR without any real luck :(

Snowman89

Any ideas on how to reach EDi?
I only found their FB-page and they arent replying through FB...

Any other advice on who can enable MPI and perhaps tune?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Any ideas on how to reach EDi?
I only found their FB-page and they arent replying through FB...

Any other advice on who can enable MPI and perhaps tune?

Yea i only know about their Facebook aswell, other tuners in Sweden that might be able to help are TM Chiptuning, Svwat, V-Tech maybe even AK-tuning but i have no personal experience with any of them.

Snowman89

Today I received the manifold with injectors.

Any ideas where I can source the harness from the ECU to the sensors involved in mpi? For injectors and fuel rail.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Snowman89

Do you guys think it would be possible to sell a MPI-intake with fuelrail, stock injectors and fuel pressure sensor?
I'm rethinking my plans and might consider selling it, but i have no idea what it might be worth, if it would be possible to sell it at all..

It's from a EU-specced car, so everything is stock VAG.

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Do you guys think it would be possible to sell a MPI-intake with fuelrail, stock injectors and fuel pressure sensor?
I'm rethinking my plans and might consider selling it, but i have no idea what it might be worth, if it would be possible to sell it at all..

It's from a EU-specced car, so everything is stock VAG.

yes it is possible, i may be interested.
PM details if you like

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
Quick question.

Would going OEM EU MPI on an otherwise NAR car require any changes to the LPFP or HPFP? Not looking to go E85 necesarily, just looking to keep the valves clean.

I recently bought a complete OEM EU Manifold with Rail, Injectors, FP sensor and Harness. It is still on the way, but in the meantime I reached out to APR to see if they can flash a ROW file on a NAR car so I don't have to change tuners just to turn it on.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Quick question.

Would going OEM EU MPI on an otherwise NAR car require any changes to the LPFP or HPFP? Not looking to go E85 necesarily, just looking to keep the valves clean.

I recently bought a complete OEM EU Manifold with Rail, Injectors, FP sensor and Harness. It is still on the way, but in the meantime I reached out to APR to see if they can flash a ROW file on a NAR car so I don't have to change tuners just to turn it on.

What did it run you? Did the cost and time to install outweigh the cost of having the valves cleaned at 60k? Do you plan on keeping the car long term 100k+?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I reached out to APR to see if they can flash a ROW file on a NAR car so I don't have to change tuners just to turn it on.

That is most likely not going to happen since ecu boxcodes determines what tunes are available.

I would just get a set of Bosch 980cc(0280158040) injectors EV1 connectors a 450 pump with installkit and a E85 tune.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
What did it run you? Did the cost and time to install outweigh the cost of having the valves cleaned at 60k? Do you plan on keeping the car long term 100k+?

I initially bought the EU manifold to use it with the PR MPI kit which is not entirely off the table, but ended up getting the whole thing together already assembled at $200+ so I might run with that instead. E85 or not.

If possible, I am planning to do the install myself which all in all should make it a fairly cheap project. Problem is I am APR tuned and they turned down the ROW file flash so the software change is going to set me back some (should have gone UM 3 years ago like I had initially planned to)

vs the cost of cleaning the valves. The software change puts me upside down in that regard. Without it would have been nice. Still might do it.

Carbon wise. We'll find out how bad they are once I take off the original manifold. I've run good oil, used a catch can since 500 miles and changed the PCV. I expect there to be some regardless, but we'll see just how improved these systems are vs MK6 days.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
That is most likely not going to happen since ecu boxcodes determines what tunes are available.

I would just get a set of Bosch 980cc(0280158040) injectors EV1 connectors a 450 pump with installkit and a E85 tune.

I might get the PR MPI kit and go E85 on the whole thing.