GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI Intake Manifold

nate704

Go Kart Champion
is it possible to get AOW (or EU) golf R intake manifold with MPI setup?
Where and how much?
is it feasible to figure out (or buy) wiring?

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah you can order used ones off ebay. I got mine with the harness, rail and injectors for around $150 shipped back in November. This is the part number for the 2.0tsi with port injection #06l133201ah

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
Why does this setup look super easy to install? Is it really the ecm harness that is the problem? Seems like something the average Joe can do in their garage and go faster for pretty cheap.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
If it were VCDS easy, we’d all be running MPI and manifolds would be double the price. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nate704

Go Kart Champion
As far as I know, Precision Raceworks is your best bet but, like others have said, you have to tune for it.

even they say they rail will not be lifted at around 100 lbs pull (when installed correctly), i'm still worried that simple user install error can lead to total disaster in the engine room, such as fire or kaboom.
inserting screw inserts by melting plastic sounds not 100% safe for me still....

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
even they say they rail will not be lifted at around 100 lbs pull (when installed correctly), i'm still worried that simple user install error can lead to total disaster in the engine room, such as fire or kaboom.

inserting screw inserts by melting plastic sounds not 100% safe for me still....

The method of inserting threadserts by heating them and pressing them into plastic forms has been done for decades. If you’re cautious, there’s really no way you can mess it up. The OEM is done the same way. They don’t put the threadserts into a jig and mold the plastic around them ;)

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
The method of inserting threadserts by heating them and pressing them into plastic forms has been done for decades. If you’re cautious, there’s really no way you can mess it up. The OEM is done the same way. They don’t put the threadserts into a jig and mold the plastic around them ;)

My inserts pulled out of the plastic, and it has happened to some others. I’m not a huge fan of their supplied style of insert personally. I wouldn’t say it’s common, but I’m also not the only one who it’s happened to.

I’m going to swap out the intake soon enough anyway with an aftermarket one, as I personally don’t trust the inserts and supposedly the aftermarket intake design, and with the flappers deleted is worth 15-20 whp and obviously has the provisions for the mpi to bolt up and guarantee that it won’t go anywhere, and it’ll look cool when ya pop the hood :)

Attachments

• 0C04A937-6F64-4247-8376-672D971B4752.jpeg
    0C04A937-6F64-4247-8376-672D971B4752.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 3427B8D2-3C39-42CE-BD5F-85301E7598C3.jpeg
    3427B8D2-3C39-42CE-BD5F-85301E7598C3.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,340
Last edited:

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
My inserts pulled out of the plastic, and it has happened to some others. I’m not a huge fan of their supplied style of insert personally. I wouldn’t say it’s common, but I’m also not the only one who it’s happened to.

I’m going to swap out the intake soon enough anyway with an aftermarket one, as I personally don’t trust the inserts and supposedly the aftermarket intake design, and with the flappers deleted is worth 15-20 whp and obviously has the provisions for the mpi to bolt up and guarantee that it won’t go anywhere, and it’ll look cool when ya pop the hood :)

Well that’s unfortunate :( What is this aftermarket manifold you speak of, though?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Ya, that sucked, fuel all over. I was lucky though, it let loose in the driveway not 200 miles from home, that was the bright side :)

MRC, or RPC, if I remember correctly, think it comes from over the pond. Believe it’s billet aluminum and you’ll need to retune even if you’ve already tuned for mpi as besides the “optimized” runner design it gets rid of the flaps, I think you can get, one of them, through UM or they can get one for ya, it’s pricey though all in, part, tune, labor, I could see a shop charging $2,500+ retail, easy. I’m not paying that but I’ve got a few hookups and favors I’m calling in lol. Think the RPC is cast, so a little cheaper.

Last edited: