GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI information thread

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I have heard of some issues with installation and the injectors seating. That is not to say it's a bad product but I have my doubts. I know it is the most popular offering out there for MPI, however that does not mean it is the best. For example see their LPFP...

If the other options PagParts/A2B don’t pan out or don’t look good I would go with the PR kit. I just wanted to see if there were any better alternatives out there before I went with PR.

The Euro intake sounds like a good idea if I can find one. I’ll have to start looking around one Ebay for one.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Just grab the euro manifold on eBay, and the rail, fittings, harness and injectors from PR. You have everything else. Sell the Autotech.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Ask to speak with Robert at PR. Explain to him the details of the upgraded LPFP line. From there he can spec you out everything to connect to the rail. Re-use the factory line to the HPFP. Probably a good time to tap an ethanol sensor pre-rail too. PR will send all the proper push locks and fuel line for a clean install.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
A cheaper alternative to getting a euro manifold is just buy a new or used USDM manifold and mod it. You can do it before the big install / have it prepped ready to go just the same. Honestly the drilling and prep work is really easy. When I looked at euro manis, real used OEM ones weren't super cheap, or you buy a china one. If I were doing it again, I would just buy a nice used, or new USDM oem one.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Modding a new USDM manifold made the MPI install so easy. I'm glad Aaron suggested that to me when I talked to him about it. Having a second manifold to modify means you can take your time carefully modding it.

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
Are there any benefits of using an aftermarket MPI rail other than an OEM? (Besides price)

I hear the OEM Rail fits perfectly unlike the aftermarket options.

I’m looking for a kit with almost perfect fitment and discreet.
I was planning on purchasing the Euro manifold, euro rail, PR injectors, and PR wiring.

Am I missing anything there besides the bolts?

kyle_h

Passed Driver's Ed
10 year VW/Audi dealership technician here. Just want to throw in my $0.02.

The most likely reason that OEM uses an outlet on the HPFP is to prevent the fuel in the HPFP from boiling when not flowing. Using an outlet off the HPFP, the fuel is constantly moving and doesn't have time to heat up/boil.

As far as part numbers go, this is what I've gathered:

PART #DESCRIPTIONQTY
06K133681Efuel rail1
N10582102bolt M6x402
06H906051Kpressure sensor1
06K127813Eadapter1
WHT005568O-ring1
06K133047retaining clip1
06K133986Kfuel line1
06L906047retaining clip4
06L127213Cpipe union1
06L906031Ainjection valve4
06L971627Aharness1
N10721401screw1
06L971845bracket1

The only thing not included there, if I did everything correctly, is the wiring for the 4 injectors from ECM to that injector harness, and the wiring from the ECM to the G410 (low pressure sensor). Also not including the inserts for manifold, but someone mentioned the part number for the euro manifold earlier, those inserts would be a local find, not OEM, anyways.

Are there any benefits of using an aftermarket MPI rail other than an OEM? (Besides price)

I hear the OEM Rail fits perfectly unlike the aftermarket options.

I’m looking for a kit with almost perfect fitment and discreet.
I was planning on purchasing the Euro manifold, euro rail, PR injectors, and PR wiring.

Am I missing anything there besides the bolts?
See above

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The PR rail is flow a flow through rail, so I don't think the fuel can boil in that setup?

Nothing more stealth than the OEM setup. I hate the bright blue of the PR rail. I don't love the inlet setup of the PR rail either. The setup is still pretty stealth when the plastic engine cover is on.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
The PR rail is flow a flow through rail, so I don't think the fuel can boil in that setup?

Nothing more stealth than the OEM setup. I hate the bright blue of the PR rail. I don't love the inlet setup of the PR rail either. The setup is still pretty stealth when the plastic engine cover is on.
I've got the S3 engine cover, lol. covers all that stuff up.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
CTS MPI 980cc on sale $722.49
Or
PR MPI 925cc $849.99

CTS better deal but why do most people choose PR over CTS? It seems that both use the Bosch Motorsports injectors. Is PR better fit and quality?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
CTS wiring is shit, their crimps suck and that's the most annoying part of the install. PR just makes better products all around.
This^^
Neil Campos (Mercedes Tech that does a ton of side work on VWs) has an awesome DIY Youtube channel (carwerks101) talks about the CTS garbage harness here. Earlier in the vid he details/shows the crimps and how horrible they are. He has another vid on a A2B MPI install and similar complaints, but more about the lousy fitment with the rail. Anyway, it was his comments and feedback that steered me to go with PR's kit.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Ayoo @Diggs24, am I able to install my MPI without a tune? I plan to tackle this today after work. My updated tune should come in Friday, hopefully.

will the car run as normal without MPI tune? Fuel will just keep flowing past it into HPFP, correct! Am I able to wire it up also? Or will it put my car into limp mode if I wire it up and car detects MPI is inop.