GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI for a 19 sportwagen

VWnewb

Car(s)
Golf sportwagen
I have a factory fuel rail with injectors, I would like to use this but I’m trying to get the other items to make it work. I would appreciate some insight from you guys.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I'm planning to do the same as you.

1. Bosch 0280 158 040 upgraded 925-980cc injectors (the factory MPI injectors don't flow enough). Available with CTS kits, or you can buy from online race shops. Precision Raceworks sells them flow matched & modified for optimized spray pattern.
2. 06L 133 201 AH - ROW intake manifold. Your fuel rail will bolt right in, no need to drill your stock NAR manifold.
3. Low pressure fuel pump. Your options here are Precision Raceworks or CTS, both of which involve CAREFULLY drilling out the plastic welds in a factory fuel pump basket and some dremeling...or if your pockets are full and you don't like DIY, PagParts. You don't need IROZ.
4. Ethanol sensor. OEM or aftermarket (Fuel-It, among other options)
5. Harness to ECU from Precision Raceworks, APR, or CTS (PR can be purchased separately from their website or BMPTuning)
6. AEM 5bar MAP sensor if planning boost over 30psi. Forum mod 2slowvw sells a harness for this: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/3-5-5-bar-map-wiring-harness.362704/
7. Fuel T (5/16" ie. 5AN unless you're planning to use upgraded aftermarket 6AN fuel lines)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Would it be a waste of money to get an MPI just for carbon buildup issues without caring too much about power gains?

(sorry for thread derail)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Would it be a waste of money to get an MPI just for carbon buildup issues without caring too much about power gains?

(sorry for thread derail)

If you don't drive an exorbitant amount of miles it's far less expensive to just do carbon cleaning.