GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Moving to Japan, car suggestions?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I was given the opportunity at work to move to Japan this coming April for 2-3 years and now I need suggestions/help on the most important part of the move...what car should I get in Japan? I get to keep my GTI in storage here and it's paid off already so I'm in good shape there.

I'm more of a VW/Euro guy but I can't pass by this opportunity to own a JDM car that we can't have in the US. The first 2 cars that come to mind are Nissan R34 Skyline and 6th gen. Honda Civic Type R. Can be new or used, I have no kids so it doesn't matter if it's 2 or 4 door, it will be mainly a weekend/fun car, and I think a good budget would be $35k USD ($4.1M yen) or less. Suggestions???

R34 GTR, and a radiation suit.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
R-34 would be a good one, but also look at a Hakosuka, and see if they tickle your fancy. I really love them.

Hakosuka-https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0SQKWP-FDTE/maxresdefault.jpg

The older AE-86

A80 Supras

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
R34 GTR, and a radiation suit.

R-34 would be a good one, but also look at a Hakosuka, and see if they tickle your fancy. I really love them.

Hakosuka-https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0SQKWP-FDTE/maxresdefault.jpg

The older AE-86

A80 Supras

Hakosuka are awesome, might be more difficult to find but will be on the lookout. Although I really like A80 Supras, they can be bought here (granted for a much higher price probably) so might rule that one out. And I never really got in to AE-86s.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
lol u wont get an r34 gtr for that much there...

Pretty sure I've seen online prices for that amount, maybe it wasn't a GTR model since there are various.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Might've been a GTT but there are GTRs for that much, with lots of miles.

Mileage doesn't bother me much since I'll be selling it in 2-3 years and it's a weekend car that I probably won't put many miles on.

So many things

Definitely something that is or will be soon import legal.

Mazda autozam az1

lol that's awesome.

Ourection

Whenever talk about Japan car, i truly admire Nissan and Subaru. To be exact WRX and Skyline. I just give random thoughts

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
  • R34 Skyline, good investment, the real Godzilla!
  • Type R NSX, if you wanna a Civic, just move to L.A
  • If you still are Euro fan there, get a Scirocco R
  • Don’t forget the radiation suit. :thumbsup: