GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountune launches a new Volkswagen tuning brand called m52

Squampton

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
A little insight into my experience for anyone looking to buy from Mountune52USA. Summary is I paid for the accessport in January and now in May I have a useless accessport with a single 'return to stock map'. These guys ripped me off and never got back to me. Luckily the UK operation jumped in and sorted me out! Full story:

I’ve had the single worst customer service experience with Mountune LLC (US based). I was super excited to try out Mountunes new VW offerings and had been excitedly reading all the PR the UK team had been getting out there.

I ordered the accessport from Mountune52USA (Mountune LLC) in January for my GTI, the unit they first sent was incorrect, so was sent back and then the issues started! After sending dozens of emails over a period of 2 months I’d had one reply from Eric their customer services guy apologizing and saying he’s cancelled my order and would arrange a refund.. the exact opposite of what I wanted! I simply wanted him to send me what I’d paid in full for, then 2 months previous. At the end of March I then contacted the Mountune UK who, although a separate entity, asked the LLC to get back to me and surprise surprise Eric finally responded and shipped me my unit!

But I couldn’t believe what happened next! Eric sent me the accessport and had loaded it with a single ‘stock 0’ map, so I was left with a $600+ return to stock map! After again weeks of emails without response I recognized Eric had likely immaturely done this on purpose and that he had no intention to sort this out, even after finding him on instagram and messaging him directly!

Now we’re in May and the UK team came to the rescue, they sent me the correct maps within 12 hours and have been great! Unfortunately the US LLC got paid for this, and to this date have not got back to me or supplied me with the maps I’ve paid for! DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!

As for the tune, its great. Really does give you the power you want from the GTI, but you definitely need to run the low torque map with standard clutch, I got clutch slip straight away in high torque mode!

Hope this helps potential buyers, and hopefully some of you have had good experiences with Mountune LLC, as the M52 stuff all looks pretty nice!

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks for the update, sounds like a real nightmare. Hope you don't have to use the 12 month warranty considering the LLC is a joke.

Squampton

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
Yeah tell me about it! Luckily the UK guys are really good! Shame as was eyeing up the springs and its cheaper in USD!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am late seeing this thread, but could not sit quietly when I saw a few people say on the first page of this thread, that a clutch is needed for MT cars when you tune. I went Uni Stage 2 tune and drove it like that for some 30k miles before upgrading the clutch. I don't track my car, it's a daily.. but I do push it when the roads are clear. My stock clutch looks absolutely fine, so I saved it and put in on a shelf in the garage. Their is a difference between the clutches of course and the way the car responded to pulls. The stock clutch was more casual in engagement and pulls felt fine. My ACT clutch the engagements are abrupt and instant, and pulls are so amusing and legit press you back in the seat.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I am late seeing this thread, but could not sit quietly when I saw a few people say on the first page of this thread, that a clutch is needed for MT cars when you tune. I went Uni Stage 2 tune and drove it like that for some 30k miles before upgrading the clutch. I don't track my car, it's a daily.. but I do push it when the roads are clear. My stock clutch looks absolutely fine, so I saved it and put in on a shelf in the garage. Their is a difference between the clutches of course and the way the car responded to pulls. The stock clutch was more casual in engagement and pulls felt fine. My ACT clutch the engagements are abrupt and instant, and pulls are so amusing and legit press you back in the seat.

Doesn't that mean your stock clutch was slipping? Just a clutch won't add power.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
A little insight into my experience for anyone looking to buy from Mountune52USA. Summary is I paid for the accessport in January and now in May I have a useless accessport with a single 'return to stock map'. These guys ripped me off and never got back to me. Luckily the UK operation jumped in and sorted me out! Full story:

I’ve had the single worst customer service experience with Mountune LLC (US based). I was super excited to try out Mountunes new VW offerings and had been excitedly reading all the PR the UK team had been getting out there.

I ordered the accessport from Mountune52USA (Mountune LLC) in January for my GTI, the unit they first sent was incorrect, so was sent back and then the issues started! After sending dozens of emails over a period of 2 months I’d had one reply from Eric their customer services guy apologizing and saying he’s cancelled my order and would arrange a refund.. the exact opposite of what I wanted! I simply wanted him to send me what I’d paid in full for, then 2 months previous. At the end of March I then contacted the Mountune UK who, although a separate entity, asked the LLC to get back to me and surprise surprise Eric finally responded and shipped me my unit!

But I couldn’t believe what happened next! Eric sent me the accessport and had loaded it with a single ‘stock 0’ map, so I was left with a $600+ return to stock map! After again weeks of emails without response I recognized Eric had likely immaturely done this on purpose and that he had no intention to sort this out, even after finding him on instagram and messaging him directly!

Now we’re in May and the UK team came to the rescue, they sent me the correct maps within 12 hours and have been great! Unfortunately the US LLC got paid for this, and to this date have not got back to me or supplied me with the maps I’ve paid for! DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!

As for the tune, its great. Really does give you the power you want from the GTI, but you definitely need to run the low torque map with standard clutch, I got clutch slip straight away in high torque mode!

Hope this helps potential buyers, and hopefully some of you have had good experiences with Mountune LLC, as the M52 stuff all looks pretty nice!

You have a lot more patience than I do. If it had been 2+ months with no reply and they offered to return my money, I would have taken that so quickly and found another tuning option. When there's so many options available to us.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Squampton

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
You have a lot more patience than I do. If it had been 2+ months with no reply and they offered to return my money, I would have taken that so quickly and found another tuning option. When there's so many options available to us.
Ha ha yeah, I guess I'm a bit stubborn and got duped by the pretty colours 😅.. and as @Golfs everyday says I'm defo feeling the heartburn now!

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Squampton, thanks for the info. I was eyeing their intake since it was slightly cheaper than the Racingline R600 intake (they're practically identical). Guess I'll stick to the brands I know.(y)

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Always run the risk being one of the first, but no guts no glory i guess.