GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
That place looks rad, you tore it up man

Thanks man, Highland is a blast. Should definitely be on your places to visit. They have all kinds of terrain from beginner and expert and from rocky technical trails to the perfectly groomed trails.

Aw man I'm super jelly. That place looks great.

Aren't there any good places in SoCal to ride?

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

Here is my current ride! Some will make fun since its basically a rebranded Iron Horse but nonetheless it is a blast to ride. I'm heading back home to Texas to ride some trails this winter.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Since it was close to 60 this weekend here on the East Coast, I am still riding my bike instead of skiing.

Here's some pics from yesterday from my local trail in Western New York (the one big jump is about a 30ft gap):

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2011 DBP GTI DSG
Gonna bring this back from the dead:
Has anyone serviced their forks? I'm doing mine for the first time in 4 years tomorrow, my forks basically work semi smooth for the first 10 minutes of riding and stick like hell the rest of the ride...

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Gonna bring this back from the dead:
Has anyone serviced their forks? I'm doing mine for the first time in 4 years tomorrow, my forks basically work semi smooth for the first 10 minutes of riding and stick like hell the rest of the ride...

There are a lot of youtube DIYs on how to service your suspension fork but it's dependent on the make and model. Some are easy and some are difficult. 4 years is a long time time span of no fork service. Most recommend once or twice a year (or by hours ridden) depending on how often you ride and the weather conditions you ride in. I DIY service my fork but it's an old Manitou Nixon TPC+. I just changed the damper oil and cleaned/re-lubed the sanction seals. (Once a year.) Oh, I had to replace a spring once too. :bonk:

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2011 DBP GTI DSG
Scooped up a Carbine 275 recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful bike!! I wish we had more intense's on the east coast, we're overrun by specialized and scott. How do you like the pike fork?

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Beautiful bike!! I wish we had more intense's on the east coast, we're overrun by specialized and scott. How do you like the pike fork?

Love the fork. I'm 5'9" and 175-180lbs. No tokens in the fork and it's been an all around animal. On some more aggressive trails I may try to add a token to see how progressive the stroke feels. I'd also like to replace the fox shock with a monarch debonair.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Thinking of getting a new bike soon. Just a hardtail. Looking at the 2017 Trek Marlin 7.

But, they have a crazy deal on a 2016 Trek Fuel EX 7 for under $2k.

Decisions.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
How do you guys get your butt to stop hurting. lol.

I got a trek 3900 disc and took it out on a real mild (mainly forestry service roads) trail and after 8 miles i was so soar and hurt.

Any tips?

Im slightly overweight.
5'11" at about 230lbs.