GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I went tubeless with Stan's when I first got my bike. I'll never do it again P.I.T.A.

You inevitably will burp the tire on the trail and your bike pump will not get the rim to seal again so you just throw a spare tube in there and keep rolling. After getting home you think nothing of it and just keep the tube in there. The Stan's will GLUE your tube to the tire and will forever make a mess of the tire.

Just was not worth the hassle to me. I run 35psi so not advantage there, requires an air compressor to inflate, and I have the same amount of flats w/o it now.

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
I went tubeless with Stan's when I first got my bike. I'll never do it again P.I.T.A.

You inevitably will burp the tire on the trail and your bike pump will not get the rim to seal again so you just throw a spare tube in there and keep rolling. After getting home you think nothing of it and just keep the tube in there. The Stan's will GLUE your tube to the tire and will forever make a mess of the tire.

Just was not worth the hassle to me. I run 35psi so not advantage there, requires an air compressor to inflate, and I have the same amount of flats w/o it now.

If you run 35psi and the bead is coming off the rim you have other issues..

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
If you run 35psi and the bead is coming off the rim you have other issues..

Yeah I'd agree with this one. Hell I run mine at about 22-25 PSI tubeless and haven't had the bead pop off...

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
February in Colorado and it was about 70 today, we had to get some dirt in since snow is on the way for the next 3 days.

This grouse was injured and territorial, it attacked Larry's bag and my front tire.

Wifey's new bike, we got ride of the 29x2.0 tires and but a WTB 29x2.3 Viginate TCS fast rolling/light on the front and a WTB 29x2.25 Trail Boss TCS fast rolling/light on the rear setup tubeless with Orange seal. (Same tires I got my for bike build but I went with the fast rolling/tough version of the Trail Boss for the back.)

It's weird to ride dirt in shorts and t-shirts while the truck has snow tires on it and my skis inside.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Talk about climate change. It's not even that warm down south.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
All set for the DH bike race at Oak Mountain Resort located in the Adirondacks this weekend!

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
DBESTGTI never disappoints with awesome pics of his mtn bike adventures. Thanks for sharing man! :thumbsup:

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
That looks miserable, half of the 10 day forecast is going to be in the 60's here.

No sorry, its actually a lot of fun. I'd much rather be in the mountains skiing and biking on the same trails.