GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor / trans mount question.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Good day all. So I’m experiencing some wheel hop and I’m looking into mounts to combat this issue. I see BFI has a stage one kit but they also have drop in inserts. I don’t know enough about this to make a proper choice. What are you guys running to get rid or subdue the wheel hop? I’m DSG just for info. Stage 2. My stock continental tires just spin so not much traction, but on the occasion it hooks I get the hop. Any help will be greatly appreciated as always. Thank you.

Last edited:

WHY_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Mounts will combat the wheel hop when you do hook. I had superpro mounts before, but they are discontinued unfortunately.

FYI this is the wrong thread for this post

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
BFI Stage 1 and done. Stage 2 if you like NVH.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Mounts will combat the wheel hop when you do hook. I had superpro mounts before, but they are discontinued unfortunately.

FYI this is the wrong thread for this post

How long did the SuperPro mounts last you?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Good day all. So I’m experiencing some wheel hop and I’m looking into mounts to combat this issue. I see BFI has a stage one kit but they also have drop in inserts. I don’t know enough about this to make a proper choice. What are you guys running to get rid or subdue the wheel hop? I’m DSG just for info. Stage 2. My stock continental tires just spin so not much traction, but on the occasion it hooks I get the hop. Any help will be greatly appreciated as always. Thank you.

You must not have the limited slip diff. I get no wheel hop with mine.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I would get BFI stage 1 mounts. You will get a small increase in vibration but that's really the only solution.
Where do u feel the most vibrations, steering wheel? Or throughout the floor n seats ? Just curious before I spend 600$ plus to end up with something that will P me off lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Where do u feel the most vibrations, steering wheel? Or throughout the floor n seats ? Just curious before I spend 600$ plus to end up with something that will P me off lol

I actually don't have those mounts. I was lucky to get the SuperPro mounts before they discontinued them. From other people who have the BFI mounts I've read mostly a little vibration in the floor. Hopefully someone who has them will give you better info.
When my SuperPro mounts wear out I'll be getting the BFI stage 1.

How many miles do you have on the car and for how many of those miles have you been tuned? What I'm getting at is did the wheel hop only start after tuning or could the OEM mounts just be wearing out?

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I actually don't have those mounts. I was lucky to get the SuperPro mounts before they discontinued them. From other people who have the BFI mounts I've read mostly a little vibration in the floor. Hopefully someone who has them will give you better info.
When my SuperPro mounts wear out I'll be getting the BFI stage 1.

How many miles do you have on the car and for how many of those miles have you been tuned? What I'm getting at is did the wheel hop only start after tuning or could the OEM mounts just be wearing out?
I bought the car with 33,500 miles and currently at 36,864. I tuned it the first week I had it and the wheel hop only happened 2 times but it feels horrible lol. Just didn’t want to break anything or cause a noisy loose interior by shaking the car to shit.