GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor mounts are underrated!

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Haven't seen them mentioned here so I'll throw another log on the fire - what's the deal with the REVO mount kit?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It's because GTI Jake has experience with old diesels. You live with those MFs for a few years and that 2.0 can't make enough NVH to bother you. It's all relative.

More than that I think DSG amplifies the NVH more than my 6MT.

I have customers ride in my car on a regular basis (some have driven it) and nobody has complained about NHV. The DKM clutch on the other hand is too heavy for about 50% of them so it’s all subjective for sure

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Definitely a different design than most others but looks pretty straight forward. Looking forward to any tips.

I just installed both the 55 duro (street) cpe passenger side and driver side mounts this past weekend with @parallax . Install was pretty straightforward granted you have the right tools. I had an engine support bar above and jack on bottom to help align the engine/transmission. Also the passenger side mount makes it impossible to fit a socket to torque or tightened the body side bolt screws, so you will need a 16mm crow's foot to get in there.

As for the driving impressions, the engine/transmission feel much more connected to the wheels. It's an instantaneous response of power when you press the accelerator. Wheel hop is gone, all I get is tire spin when I'm mashing on the gas.

NVH, the car is definitely louder when the engine is under load or first starting up. It's similar to the soundaktor (i've had mines off since I bought the car). It's totally liveable and if you keep the revs below 2500rpm, there's no difference between a stock car and these mounts. I will have to say, decelerating from 3500rpm to 2500rpm in sport mode brings out this loud buzz and it's the only thing that could be bothersome for passengers.

I'll try to get more seat time in. I've only driven 20 miles on them so I haven't had a chance to really get things settled in. Keep in mind I have a stage 1 bfi dogbone insert and a catted downpipe with stock catback that also plays into NVH.

IMG_6934.jpgIMG_6932.jpgIMG_6935.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Gonna finally take the time to install the pile O parts I’ve collected the last few months for my own car. Either tonight or tomorrow if anyone local wants to stop out for shop hangs it’s rare that I work on my own stuff lol

Jake, I see the Crankcase breaker box, Do you have a catch can system specifically one that deletes the factory pvc plate? If yes just keep an eye on the breather - there have been some
Cases where it’s clear those systems are causing added crankcase pressure and the Breather/valve fill with oil/blow by within a weeks time.

as typical People wanted to blame the breather though... mine has been on and I even took it off the car and left on a towel for 2 days to see if it was filled with any oil and it was perfectly fine. (I don’t have a catch can system)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Jake, I see the Crankcase breaker box, Do you have a catch can system specifically one that deletes the factory pvc plate? If yes just keep an eye on the breather - there have been some
Cases where it’s clear those systems are causing added crankcase pressure and the Breather/valve fill with oil/blow by within a weeks time.

as typical People wanted to blame the breather though... mine has been on and I even took it off the car and left on a towel for 2 days to see if it was filled with any oil and it was perfectly fine. (I don’t have a catch can system)

No catch can, still have the original PCV going on 95k miles. I just figured it’s cheap insurance against a blown out RMS or cam bridge seal if the OEM valve does fail

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I'll let you know if it does that on mine after I get the crankcase breather.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
No catch can, still have the original PCV going on 95k miles. I just figured it’s cheap insurance against a blown out RMS or cam bridge seal if the OEM valve does fail
The fancy Vargas billet oil cap with filter? Been running mine recently and haven't noticed any oil on the heat shield, filter (nothing more than the glint it had new), or other area. (y) No catch can either though.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'll let you know if it does that on mine after I get the crankcase breather.
This was sent to me from a friend, the car was running an aftermarket plate and was making 36psi of boost.

id say check it daily on your setup
AC326897-7134-42BE-B5CC-494162C203CD.png
8A4A3FAB-609C-4951-9172-3B7131773451.jpeg