GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor mounts are underrated!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Leaning bfi stage 2 with the dogbone that I guess reinforces upper mount as well.

Consider the Spulen one. I had BFI Stage 1on my GTI and it gave me an odd low-frequency vibration that bugged me. Can only imagne what Stage 2 would do.

The Spulen doesn't give this vibe, reinforces the upper void as well and is also on sale from USP.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Consider the Spulen one. I had BFI Stage 1on my GTI and it gave me an odd low-frequency vibration that bugged me. Can only imagne what Stage 2 would do.

The Spulen doesn't give this vibe, reinforces the upper void as well and is also on sale from USP.

Just figured the bfi kit came with all 3. Might buy them separately and get spulen dogbone

Thanks

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
What he said ^^^

Buy once cry once with the mounts. I’m equipped with BFI Stage 2 mounts and Powerflex hybrid. Super solid setup, but not great if you don't like NVH. Thing rattles and shakes like a 7.3 Powerstroke.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If you are going full send on the mounts get a real dogbone like the Powerflex hybrid puck.

Diggs, you make sense here. I suggested Spulen because I like it so far, has barely any added NVH and I wanted to find something that works before ripping out my OEM puck.

I finally found a Canadian supplier for the Powerflex Hybrid, so I'll likely go that route next year.

Last edited:

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
The Powerflex 70A (yellow) dogbone insert plays real nice with BFI Stage 1 mounts if you don’t want to go full send straight up. Can always remove it, sell, and upgrade to the hybrid puck. Minimal NVH increase over stock when installed all together and an easier install than the hybrid

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Unless you have a dedicated track / race car, you really don’t need Stage 2 mounts.

Many fast cars are using Stage 1 only with 500+ whp.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If you are going full send on the mounts get a real dogbone like the Powerflex hybrid puck.

Street or race for powerflex puck?

Stage 1 or 2 bfi?

So difficult. I guess @PowerDemon & @crxgator have significant nvh, but then @GTI Jake says hardly any nvh from stage 2.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Street or race for powerflex puck?

Stage 1 or 2 bfi?

So difficult. I guess @PowerDemon & @crxgator have significant nvh, but then @GTI Jake says hardly any nvh from stage 2.

It's because GTI Jake has experience with old diesels. You live with those MFs for a few years and that 2.0 can't make enough NVH to bother you. It's all relative.