GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor mounts are underrated!

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Why does CP-E sell a left side and right side for the mounts? Don't you need both? I assume I'm missing something here...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Why does CP-E sell a left side and right side for the mounts? Don't you need both? I assume I'm missing something here...
Bfi sells 2 also, as does every other brand.

from the driver seat:
Left = Trans side
Right = Motor side

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Ive seen people run mismatched stage 1/2 Trans/Eng mounts, specifically. the trans mounts are what introduce the “Vibration and Harshness” from “NVH.” Engine mounts make the noise.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
There’s a reason why VW went to a different style motor mount after the MK1. The engine moves up and down with load. The CP-E mounts are holding the drivetrain in the same rotational fashion as the MK1.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
There’s a reason why VW went to a different style motor mount after the MK1. The engine moves up and down with load. The CP-E mounts are holding the drivetrain in the same rotational fashion as the MK1.
The mount has 360 degrees of allowable movement still as it’s rubber.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
The CPE mounts look to have less material than BFI. That may equate to more NVH, even though rubber is supposedly better than urethane in that regard.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I'm happy I have a brand new set of SuperPro mounts for when I need them.

lol I tried buying your 2nd set from underneath you. When that guy made The post, I had to create this acccount to be able to respond. When I made the account I messaged him saying “here’s my paypal info, charge me right now.” And when he said sale was already in process, I was like dude I’ll throw an extra 150 on top and he was like nah bro can’t do that lol

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
I love my BFI billet mounts, been on the car for a little over 10,000 miles. Huge improvement over stock, no real negatives to them

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Subbed to see the performance on those rubber mounts vs BFI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Time will tell which ones are best, I'm guessing there's a reason bfi is the recommended one for years at this point

SuperPro were always the top rated until they quit making them. Then it kind of defaulted to BFI.