GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor mounts are underrated!

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
It's actually easier to do it with a support jack below. At least it was for me. When I tried with my support bar, I couldn't get the hole alignment right. YMMV.

Gotcha, ok cool and just to clarify, did you end up tossing the support bar to the side and solely using jack(s)?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Yeah, support bar seems overkill. You have to use a jack to release tension on the mounts anyways. Bar just seems like it would be in the way.

Got it, ok awesome. Thanks fellas!

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Our poly will last a long time when the car is driven. Employees here have well over 60k miles on their original poly bushings. The only time, poly could be an issue (outside of chemical contamination) is if the car stays stagnant and doesn't get driven for a long time. But, that usually takes quite a long time. Let's say you want to change the bushings of our mounts, it would be rather easy to do so as it's made easy for the end user.

I'm not sure how the CP-E bushing is changed? It looks like it might have to be pressed, and if that's a warranty issue, you might have to send that back to the company? I can't speak on their behalf, but that might be something people might want to look into as well.

Thanks for the additional info! I was watching the DAP video on the install of your mounts and noticed that once yours are in place, there is about a 3/4" gap where he needs to jack the engine up to meet the new mount. My first assumption was that symmetry on the pads themselves would be more cost effective, is that the (fair enough) reason? If not, what is?

Video at timestamp:

Last edited:

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
He has to jack it up because the engine shifted.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

A7xogg

Passed Driver's Ed
Idk if it's mentioned in the video, but you can use the engine mount bracket to support the engine when installing a new one

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Well thats weird, I didnt think they would bury that one in there lol