GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most powerful 2.0 TDI

nboard11

Subscribed. Have a tdi in the US and think it'd be fun and beneficial to get a little more from my sweet little engine.

s7wag

Ready to race!
I had a MK5 GT 2.0 TDI 140 that had Revo re-map, pipercross air-filter and milltek exhaust that rolling road at ~200bhp...but I'm sure other options such as bigger intercooler, improved race PD injectors and hybrid turbo could add another +50bhp easy...so MK7 2.0 TDI could do the same. The GTD is probably more suitable due to upgraded components already in place...BUT my MK5 was a beast.....

Last edited:

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Hey waggers, saw that u have a pedal box...how do you like it, what kind, what kind of return are u getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s7wag

Ready to race!
Hey waggers, saw that u have a pedal box...how do you like it, what kind, what kind of return are u getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup, fully recommend one. changes the car completely giving that instant response rather than wait for it to wind up. still getting 48mpg on average, so no complaints...as always depends on how you drive

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8136

s7wag

Ready to race!
What's a pedal box and how does it work? Does it just trick the ECU into more fuel?

I drive a manual.

http://www.pedalbox.com/en/product/all-new-pedalbox/ here's a link and see my post above. It's a plug n play module sitting on the drive by wire accelerator and yes in essence a small push on the throttle gives the same as if you'd floored it. Several settings to choose from. They're around £150 and fitted in around 10-15mins...

pipsyp

Ready to race!
A GTD standard is plenty quick enough for UK roads in fairness. Its noticeably quicker than my old Octavia vRS 170 CR......its not staggeringly fast off the mark but then no 2.0 4 cyl diesel is really.....once on the move its v good indeed.

If it were my own car id probably consider a DTUK box, though I still have my reservations over long term wear/tear effects on the engine, gearbox and clutch and the near £400 they command seems rather alot of money...but its undoubtedly the best tuning box out there.

Mapping is ultimately better but its naturally a calculated risk to void the engine/gearbox warranty on a new £28k car. Lots of people do it but not sure I could bring myself to until the car turned 3.

My car is a company vehicle so Im stuck with it being standard but IMHO no biggy, is a great car with lots of licence losing potential anyway!

pipsyp

Ready to race!
A remapped/boxed 150 can see around 200hp and 320lb/ft torque.....probably make the car as quick if not quicker than a standard 184...but a mapped/boxed 184 takes it to a whole other plane.....makes a GTD about as quick as a stock GTI.

santiagopilgrim

Ready to race!
Thanks for all your comments. 200hp would be nice but as I said before maybe in a few years when I actually own the car! For now going to treat it well and hope it lasts me a long time :) For me, 150 is still plenty of poke, a great motorway mile eater and like pipsyp said about the GTD, plenty licence losing potential!

James75

Go Kart Champion
A GTD standard is plenty quick enough for UK roads in fairness. Its noticeably quicker than my old Octavia vRS 170 CR......its not staggeringly fast off the mark but then no 2.0 4 cyl diesel is really.....once on the move its v good indeed.

If it were my own car id probably consider a DTUK box, though I still have my reservations over long term wear/tear effects on the engine, gearbox and clutch and the near £400 they command seems rather alot of money...but its undoubtedly the best tuning box out there.

Mapping is ultimately better but its naturally a calculated risk to void the engine/gearbox warranty on a new £28k car. Lots of people do it but not sure I could bring myself to until the car turned 3.

My car is a company vehicle so Im stuck with it being standard but IMHO no biggy, is a great car with lots of licence losing potential anyway!

I am happy to leave my GTD well alone in terms of remaps - maybe when it's out of warranty - like you, after 3 years,

It's quick enough for me, though i realise speed and torque has an addiction.

I've actually decided that the fastest MK7 produced is a Bluemotion Golf in Red. I've come to this conclusion because from the slip road onto the M5 out of Exeter to the turn off for Cullompton - this particular Bluemotion was right on my arse and I moved over a couple of times so they could pass, no, just staid with me, way too close!

So there you go - buy yourself a red Bluemotion Diesel Golf!

James