GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modifications done to my GTI with reviews and upcoming upgrades

eddieMK7

Just got back into town from picking up my car at GMP. Still breaking everything in so driving like a grandma but here are some initial impressions.

HS tuning RSR clutch: Started off decently stiffer than stock in the pedal but has softened a bit. Honestly it is much better than I was expecting and it definitely could pass as an OEM clutch on a higher performance vehicle, Will update with a better description of everything when it breaks in and the feel is no longer changing.

Sachs DMF: feels the same as OEM - silent - perfect

APR solid shifter cable bracket: slightly less slop than before, not the same difference as made with the ECS bushings and euro S3 but it is a slight noticeable increase - All three together pair very nicely for an OEM-like shifter that feels better without being "racecar-ish"

APR pendulum and Dogbone: Shifting feels slicker (you can tell the transmission isnt twisting and fighting back your lever alignment) - I was unable to hit the limit of grip and see if wheel hop occured less violently since I am still breaking it in. VIbrations are there at idle (moreso with AC on) - Slightly tamer than the loaner GTI without the fluidampr. Will update if this softens or not with miles.

Fluidampr - Couldn't test high RPM but at low RPM there is less vibration and it feels smoother through the RPM range. Longevity is the goal here so any drivability improvement is welcome. No strangeness with it and the engine seems to run very quiet in terms of drivetrain chatter as compared to before.

Wavetrac: steering is heavier and feels less electrically assisted at low speed turning back and forth. Have yet to drive in any way that it will lock up and engage due to the virgin clutch. I am excited to see what it does and the techs who worked on my car said in the test drive they did the car behaved like an all wheel drive car in terms of grip and it fixed the FWD nature a bit. P.S. - no noises or clunking, you wouldnt know it was modified putting around town.

I know this is very vague but I will give a details when the parts are broken in and I can feel the effects to drivability in all situations

Sidenote: I ordered my wavetrac Dec 28 and got it March 9, If you ordered for your MQB be patient! That backorder for me was pretty bad

I am curious as to where you bought your Sachs DMF? I am currently considering the same clutch setup and wondering where you were able to buy from.

qomn

Passed Driver's Ed
The wavetrac improvements sound awesome. I have a stage 2 2019 GTI S and definitely have trouble putting power down. Looks like the LSD is $1155 on ECS - how much did you pay for labor to install and was there anything else you needed to buy with it?

BATTON

I paid 1500 for clutch, flywheel and diff install. Not sure on the diff alone. Replacement gaskets and one time use parts are VIN specific but if you look up "HS Tuning" and give them a call they put together a cart of all the parts and get you a quote (fluids and all too). I got my diff through them as well for I believe 975 last year too.