GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobil 1 Rebate

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Yep people get hung up on 5w40 because the manual advises (pre-2019) "your car was factory filled with either 5w30 or 5w40". But it then goes on to say that when changing oil the overriding factor is the 502 approval (which M1 0w40 meets despite not having the magic 5).
The approval is the all important thing, not the weight so to my mind, get the cheapest which meets it. Which is usually M1 Euro formula when on rebate.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Approval > viscosity. That's all you need to know. 15 calls for a V2502.00...M1 0W40 has that approval.

UA TDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Did anyone have an issue where this was approved but they never got the rebate? I forgot about this for months until changing my oil this weekend. I was approved May 5th and per the web portal they paid me May 19th, but I never got a prepaid card in the mail or email.

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk6 Gti - Autobahn
Did anyone have an issue where this was approved but they never got the rebate? I forgot about this for months until changing my oil this weekend. I was approved May 5th and per the web portal they paid me May 19th, but I never got a prepaid card in the mail or email.
No but Ive twice somehow not noticed the email they send for them. Its pretty generic looking so you can def skim over it as junk mail. They eventually send a reminder email telling you to take your stupid money. The first time i got the reminder like 3 months later but the last time I missed it the sent the reminder email like a week later. If you use gmail, just do a search for "Your Digital Rebate is Ready" that will show any originals you missed and reminders if they were sent.

UA TDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
No but Ive twice somehow not noticed the email they send for them. Its pretty generic looking so you can def skim over it as junk mail. They eventually send a reminder email telling you to take your stupid money. The first time i got the reminder like 3 months later but the last time I missed it the sent the reminder email like a week later. If you use gmail, just do a search for "Your Digital Rebate is Ready" that will show any originals you missed and reminders if they were sent.

Thanks, this is good info. Seems like I never got reminder emails either. I'll have to try calling their number as they don't even list a customer support email address. Oh well.

Thanks again!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just grabbed a few jugs on this today. 2x their new 5W40 (not sure why they offer this along with the 0W40 beyond folks that can't understand approvals) to try in my Sportwagen next change and 2x 15W40 race oil for the fall HPDE I'll be doing. $40 off so 4 5qt jugs for $56 is a good deal.
20210402_120713.jpg

Last edited: