Attachments

• RS3 Hatch.PNG
    RS3 Hatch.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 114

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It's still Haldex v5 though. Sounds like the new S3 is still using it too, I'd have to think that the new RS3 will get v6 like the Golf R though.
I'm gonna guess you're right. I remember reading VW wanting the 5 cylinder for the mk8 R and audi shooting it down. So vw instead opted for a new awd system. Or some such, it could've been an opinion piece though. I can't recall. Either way, my money is on you being right

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
The M2 has the unfortunate disadvantage of the body style and rear windows that don't roll down, kills it for us. Also has the unfortunate S55 and it's love of crank hub failures.

As for the Teslas, it's one thing in a straight line to about 80 mph, but even the Performance models die off above that speed and you can give up any tracking with those things too.

BMW's have always had a tendency to have issues one way or another, maybe more than other manufacturers. This is just a symptom more than anything, as the performance and heritage has done well for the brand in most cases. Things like rod bearings and hub failures are just a reality of owning a high performance car like the M2. I'm pretty sure that the maintenance schedule is pretty hefty, relatively speaking. More so than any MK7 or the like.

I'd beg to differ on the Tesla.
They are doing quite nice on the track. So much so that many other competitive cars are simply losing or just hanging on by a thread. Many of those cars are the best combustion cars we know of (GT3 RS, etc.) Not many are beating a Tesla around a track. It's unfortunate, because for awhile there I didn't want to believe it either. They are heavy and weird, yet they are mobbing around these famous circuits. Odd to think about.

At the end of the day it's becoming pretty clear. Both Audi & VW have committed to no longer developing internal combustion engines, but rather the EV game is taking control of what we currently understand as car manufacturing. It won't be long before the majority of cars we see fall into the EV space. Not to derail this thread, but your wife is looking for a car. I wouldn't be purchasing anything outside of the EV market right now, if it were my dollars & cents.