GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 R

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I really doubt it will be over $50,000 US - we will just have a vanilla optioned R, without a lot of the extra expensive bits that the UK can choose from.
Remember, US and especially Canada, we pay less for cars compared to the rest of the world. Mostly because we don't tax like everyone else.

I think the Golf R will be 2019 Golf R + $3-5k

The new RS3 rumours will make it way too hot and tempting for VW to compete against price wise - plus the car looks alone, compared to the Golf R...going to be a long wait till September when it is officially released. More power out of the 2.5T (looks like it's getting the same treatment as the R), and the Haldex system will be upgraded to the new rear diff in the MK8 R. Plus it will need to be priced to compete with the A45 / M2.
https://www.motor1.com/news/496334/2022-audi-rs3-spy-images/

Still stuck with the camouflage, but the RS3 LMS is a pretty good indicator when you remove the spoiler and diffusers. The front dams are functional, the rear bumper is fixed, according to spy reports, and most importantly, it will have the 'RS' wheel arches that gave the B7 RS4 the presence it deserved. I already have a Golf R, need an upgrade, so quite biased.

I'm hearing more and more about an RS3 sportback coming to the US. Articles are popping up on Google etc. I too already have a Golf R. I'm looking for a bigger upgrade like you.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Good grief, first race is around 2:40. If that 12.3s 1/4 is any where near correct, that's damned impressive.
Every time I see a Civic Type R, I see the 3 pipes and think "Ron Jeremy hit an F40 from behind again"

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Every time I see a Civic Type R, I see the 3 pipes and think "Ron Jeremy hit an F40 from behind again"
At least it's the same idea, turbo blowoff. When Fezza did this awful thing with the naturally aspirated 458, I wanted to ram every one of them.

And have you see the dumber than any one could have imagined G80 Performance Exhaust yet? I apologize in advance.

I mean, credit to them for trying to make the back as hard to look at as the front.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Wow, that G80. Stabbing my eyes out with a spoon would hurt less.M

My fave is still and will always be the LFA. Like that gal with 3 boobies in the OG Total Recall but inverted LOL.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Wow, that G80. Stabbing my eyes out with a spoon would hurt less.M

My fave is still and will always be the LFA. Like that gal with 3 boobies in the OG Total Recall but inverted LOL.
I wanted them to build the GT90 so bad.

My pre-Covid commute had me following a Senna a few days a week, this wasn't bad to watch.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Not sure how much you are willing to spend, but the Tesla model Y or something similar is a good choice. Just as fast as the Golf R with a more simplistic interior and the performance package will shave about half a second off the 0-60 time. You would, of course, need to step into the EV world.

The other I can think of would be a lightly used M2 / M2 comp. In terms of balance, might be the best car for the money.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I'm sorry. Just need clarification. Sportback = gti and R body, right?

Here's Audi's explanation:

Audi Sportback
A sportback combines traits of a sedan, a fastback coupe, and a hatchback. Audi sportbacks have the roomy interior dimensions of a sedan, the sloping roofline and truncated rear end of a fastback coupe, and the rear door of a hatchback.

In terms of the RS3 - It would be the hatchback version.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Here's Audi's explanation:

Audi Sportback
A sportback combines traits of a sedan, a fastback coupe, and a hatchback. Audi sportbacks have the roomy interior dimensions of a sedan, the sloping roofline and truncated rear end of a fastback coupe, and the rear door of a hatchback.

In terms of the RS3 - It would be the hatchback version.
so like the euro rs3 then?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Not sure how much you are willing to spend, but the Tesla model Y or something similar is a good choice. Just as fast as the Golf R with a more simplistic interior and the performance package will shave about half a second off the 0-60 time. You would, of course, need to step into the EV world.

The other I can think of would be a lightly used M2 / M2 comp. In terms of balance, might be the best car for the money.
The M2 has the unfortunate disadvantage of the body style and rear windows that don't roll down, kills it for us. Also has the unfortunate S55 and it's love of crank hub failures.

As for the Teslas, it's one thing in a straight line to about 80 mph, but even the Performance models die off above that speed and you can give up any tracking with those things too.