GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8 Info

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Someone posted a slide in another thread showing HP figures for the Mk8's.. GTI was well below that, maybe something like 247? I don't remember the exact figure. R was up to something like 320-ish IIRC. Those figures are believable - "up to 296" for the GTI sounds like clickbait BS.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Would be nice if we get 328 HP. That's like a mild stage 1 tune. They don't seem to ever give us torque numbers.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
How much do they weigh though, is my question.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Someone posted a slide in another thread showing HP figures for the Mk8's.. GTI was well below that, maybe something like 247? I don't remember the exact figure. R was up to something like 320-ish IIRC. Those figures are believable - "up to 296" for the GTI sounds like clickbait BS.
The current TCR makes 286bhp so why would it be unbelievable for the new TCR (to which the article refers) to make 296bhp??

Was another Mk8 thread really necessary?

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The current TCR makes 286bhp so why would it be unbelievable for the new TCR (to which the article refers) to make 296bhp??

Was another Mk8 thread really necessary?

He said up to 296 HP for the GTI. And no another MK8 thread wasn't necessary.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If you're thinking of buying one 10HP might be useful information.

If you're not interested in buying either then I suppose the info isn't necessary.