Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Last edited:

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
You could pull power from the mirror puddle lights, or if you dont have mirrors with puddle lights wire them up to the pin on the module that controls those lights.

I really gotta stop coming on the forums. I keep seeing shit like this, and i keep adding shit to my car.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI

In theory this would work but I believe the Audi door handles have the cutout for the light module in them.

I recently replaced a door handle in my 2016 MK7 with Kessy (some soccer mom slammed my door) but I don't recall seeing a cutout for any light, as seen in the YouTube video.

I talked to the French guy who posted the Facebook video of this retrofit. He said he talked with some Chinese vendor that made them custom and he charged him 400 Euros for that. Sounds a bit weird and pricey.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
In theory this would work but I believe the Audi door handles have the cutout for the light module in them.

I recently replaced a door handle in my 2016 MK7 with Kessy (some soccer mom slammed my door) but I don't recall seeing a cutout for any light, as seen in the YouTube video.

I talked to the French guy who posted the Facebook video of this retrofit. He said he talked with some Chinese vendor that made them custom and he charged him 400 Euros for that. Sounds a bit weird and pricey.
I believe there are two different kinds. Kessy, and Kessy with light.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I believe there are two different kinds. Kessy, and Kessy with light.

There is in the MK8, not the MK7 unfortunately. If we knew if other models handles will fit the MK7, like the Arteon or Tiguan for example, we would use that.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Tiguans will fit. And they have the lights in them. Got em sitting in my cart on Aliexpress.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Tiguans will fit. And they have the lights in them. Got em sitting in my cart on Aliexpress.
Looking into the tiguan the interior portion of the handles look similiar as well as the pivot point is a similiar shape. I haven't found any part numbers for illuminated handles though.
(Dark blue is golf, slate is tiguan)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-171103_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-171103_Samsung Internet.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_20210810-171342_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-171342_Samsung Internet.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 115

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Looking into the tiguan the interior portion of the handles look similiar as well as the pivot point is a similiar shape. I haven't found any part numbers for illuminated handles though.
They might be a European Only option.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI

I don't know if the Tiguan has a LED version, need to check ETKA. Probably only higher end models such as the Arteon or Touareg.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
So who is gonna be the guinea pig? I did the golf side assist mirror caps. Someone gotta step up.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
They are also KESSY. :)
Yep just rather not go through all the wiring again. I also got lucky and got handles that match my car. I contacted the same company about these lighted ones and they said they do not match. So between all that and the added cost of paint I’m out.