GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
camary exhaust...saw the same one clean/one dirty tip. Very noticeable to car/ocd person

#triggered

and I don't mind that mine are dirty or having fake tips, it is the contrast that wigs me out I would accept fake tips on any P. car that I was given

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
My friends 996 has two pipes each side. One real & one false. I'm OK with it, when I'm behind the wheel I don't notice them one bit. ;)

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I give you the king of disappointingly fake exhaust tips:

unnamed.jpg

991 GT2 RS.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Nothing is really that secure, it will get cracked. But it will likely take a little while. There are far too many large suppliers in this market to let a couple of VW wonks program something that won't be hacked in relatively short order. If we were talking about the Veloster N or a Camry engine in a Lotus Evora, there might not be enough interest to uncork it, but there is here.

That is interesting about 2020 tc, I wonder if there will be continued measures to get around VCDS/OBD11 coding on the 2021 Mk7.5's?
It's gonna take forever to crack. There's Saudi models still getting their ecu cracked. FCA is also another one that takes awhile to crack

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Note that the MK8 GTI in this video does not have front fog lights!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Note that the MK8 GTI in this video does not have front fog lights!
The car in the video is a non-UK, LHD car. UK mk8 GTI’s have front fog lights as part of the standard spec (at least the non-Clubsport models do), but that may not be the case in all overseas markets.

I personally think it looks better without the fog lights.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Interesting vid, the Mk8 is growing on me a tad but it occured to me the other day that I have yet to see single Mk8 on a UK road. There were plenty being driven in and out the dearelship by technicians on my last visit so presumably some have been sold, but none on the road so far....

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Interesting vid, the Mk8 is growing on me a tad but it occured to me the other day that I have yet to see single Mk8 on a UK road. There were plenty being driven in and out the dearelship by technicians on my last visit so presumably some have been sold, but none on the road so far....
I see one fairly regularly in the village where I live. Judging by the wheels, it’s either the base ‘Life’ model or the next model up; the ‘Style’ in the ‘free’ colour - Urano Grey.

The colour and the wheels don’t show that particular car in its best light, but I do concede the mk8 does look better in the metal than it does in pictures - IMO.

I still think the mk7 / mk7.5 is a better looking car with a more premium looking interior.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I’ve seen quite a few, BUT they (the base models at least) look very bland, blink and you’d miss them! They don’t look great in the ‘flesh’, the DRL‘s in particular look very odd, which I think may have been down to how bright they were, the R-line I saw which had option wheels looked ok, but the GTI I had a look around the other week was just ok at best, it would have looked better if it wasn’t on the standard wheels however.

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The car in the video is a non-UK, LHD car. UK mk8 GTI’s have front fog lights as part of the standard spec (at least the non-Clubsport models do), but that may not be the case in all overseas markets.

I personally think it looks better without the fog lights.
Yeah, I realise it’s a LHD car, I agree about the fogs.👍

Last edited: