GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
alot of it is the drop down in the nose, they supposedly did this for aerodynamics but it's got a strange look. It causes the front end to look good at certain angles and weird at others.
I like the drop down, headlight i'm not really a fan of but still indifferent on is just the shape oif teh headlights look like someone sneezed while doing teh bottom half of the light. It doesn't flow at all with the car because it's so jagged

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I like the drop down, headlight i'm not really a fan of but still indifferent on is just the shape oif teh headlights look like someone sneezed while doing teh bottom half of the light. It doesn't flow at all with the car because it's so jagged

new tiguan looks like same style headlights

1579885469302.png

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Since this is using the same chassis and EA88 how are they squeaking so much more power out of it? New internals? Software tune?
Mine comes stock with 180kw/245ps and the MK7.5 GTI TCR comes with R engine and 290ps, CSS had 310ps so most likely same engines and turbos but whe can always hope for better turbos that fit bolt on to ours. I think the new golf R will have a hybrid starter/generator adding some power.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Mine comes stock with 180kw/245ps and the MK7.5 GTI TCR comes with R engine and 290ps, CSS had 310ps so most likely same engines and turbos but whe can always hope for better turbos that fit bolt on to ours. I think the new golf R will have a hybrid starter/generator adding some power.
Wouldn’t that make it a mild hybrid?? VW have already stated this won’t be happening!

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
It looks far better with the optional gloss black and carbon fibre trim fitted,

I like it. Much like the AMG45. Think that’s the one. But the large grill makes it look more like a Kia in front. A little smaller with divided sections would be perfect. I like the hatch wing but funny thing is if one of us put this on our GTI we would be called “tuner”. But on a BMW and Benz from factory, it’s cool.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I like it. Much like the AMG45. Think that’s the one. But the large grill makes it look more like a Kia in front. A little smaller with divided sections would be perfect. I like the hatch wing but funny thing is if one of us put this on our GTI we would be called “tuner”. But on a BMW and Benz from factory, it’s cool.
I believe these parts are dealer fit options, and would be fitted before delivery, I personally wouldn’t have the spoiler but I do like it.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit

The Leon looks way better than the MK8 Golf; even the interior with the smarter looking graphics...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

The Leon looks way better than the MK8 Golf; even the interior with the smarter looking graphics...
Seat has made many improvements of late to the quality of their cars, however The feel of the interior and materials used in the Leon is nowhere near as premium as the golf though, the fit and finish is lacking in comparison, much more hard plastic etc, the pecking order with vag cars is, SEAT, SKODA, VW, AUDI, then the expensive stuff above that.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie

Agree, IMO the new Leon does look better than the mk8 Golf. But............I don’t think it‘s as stylish as the outgoing model, which still looks fresh after eight years. The new Leon looks bland in comparison; just my opinion though.

Last edited:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Every new generation of the Golf/GTI/R people say how its so ugly. The world goes on and people's preference changes or they get used to it.

Every GD generation.

Seriously, I’ve been around on VW boards for 15 years and this is the case every generation.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Seat has made many improvements of late to the quality of their cars, however The feel of the interior and materials used in the Leon is nowhere near as premium as the golf though, the fit and finish is lacking in comparison, much more hard plastic etc, the pecking order with vag cars is, SEAT, SKODA, VW, AUDI, then the expensive stuff above that.

The new SEAT Leon isn’t even out yet. Reserve judgment until you actually sit inside one.
New mk8 Golf cheapened out compared to mk7. No hood struts, glove box not cooled or lined. Torsion beam rear for lower end models etc. Even the key feels cheap with the ugly piano black plastic

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The new SEAT Leon isn’t even out yet. Reserve judgment until you actually sit inside one.
New mk8 Golf cheapened out compared to mk7. No hood struts, glove box not cooled or lined. Torsion beam rear for lower end models etc. Even the key feels cheap with the ugly piano black plastic
What makes you say that the glove box isn’t cooled or lined? When did you feel the key??