GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Amazing that you find that stuff. Good job.
Admittedly, it found me. TikTok algorithm is crazy accurate at finding stuff you're interested in

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I haven't read or watched an MK7/7.5 review in a while, but did reviewers get summer tires on those too like they have been with the MK8? I'd be more interested in seeing reviews where the tire type is the same. Summer vs. summer or all season vs. all season.

It otherwise seems like reviewers of the MK8 so far have gotten one of the more "extreme" summer tire options on them. I admittedly haven't put much effort into finding more reviews though.

I don't doubt that the MK8 improves upon the performance of the MK7/7.5, but will those impressions change when a more "everyday" tire is equipped on it?

There's always going to be something better around the corner so I have no qualms about the MK8 being a superior performer to the MK7/7.5. I'm just interested to see comparisons with more of the factors being closer to equal.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah I have a Gen 1 trans, that’s the only reason I’m considering selling it. I have thrashed the hell out of that car and I’m at nearly 30k miles and the transmission and Clutch still feel perfect.

Yeah, I bought a leftover NC3 when the ND1's hit the showroom. I figured the NC would have been faster in either CS or STR, but ND was faster in both. I won CS championship locally 2 years, then STR one year before selling. The car was full prep and miserable on the street. Mild prepped ND's were as fast as a full prep NC2/3.

At some point I'll pick up used ND2 as a weekend toy. They're stupid fast even prepped for street.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Why, for the love of god, is the driver aid package and a fucking sun roof standard on the R?

Wonder how much boujie I need to toss down to get a special order in.... time to make calls.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Why, for the love of god, is the driver aid package and a fucking sun roof standard on the R?

Wonder how much boujie I need to toss down to get a special order in.... time to make calls.

Yep, sunroof kills it for me.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car