GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Misleading metric. I’d guess this means time after the ball is hiked or kicked. If that’s the measurement, baseball would only measure from the the ball or tennis after a serve.
Baseball is only loosely a sport, with comical amounts of dead time. I look forward to them adding a pitch clock at some point just to make them get on with it

But tennis involves lots of standing around, tv time outs, punching line judges, etc. yet there's a heck of a lot less dead time in tennis than there is football.

I think football should only have a five or ten second clock stoppage for incomplete passes, first downs or plays out of bounds. That would get game action back up and possibly take us back to twenty or even twenty five minutes of actual game play per game, doesn't seem unreasonable.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Jerry’s a turd. We had to deal with Romo for what, a decade? That was awful. I switched to hockey, soccer and basketball.
Romo was much better than Dak. Give Romo the offensive line Dak had and a running back like Zeke and it would've been a super bowl. He was much more talented than Dak, but I guess that's not really saying much. Watch the pro bowl skills challenge with Dak to see how inaccurate he is.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Dafuq there is. It’s less than 11 minutes of game play.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406

And if you’re in a run heavy conference, it’s even less. There have been a number of Cowboys games with less than seven minutes of total gameplay.

Using the 10:48 example above and ignoring special teams, if you just assume that it’s an equal split, that’s less than six minutes for offense or defense. And there’s my comparison to shitty ass baseball. Lots of standing around and so little action, plus the massive over reliance on coaches and observers.
Yep. I can only watch recorded games now. Takes less than 30 minutes to watch. On Dish, skip ahead (30s) right after a play is called dead and that'll take you to the start of the next play (skip huddle). Commercials skip 6 times. Halftime, skip 15 min. Got it down to a science.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Romo was much better than Dak. Give Romo the offensive line Dak had and a running back like Zeke and it would've been a super bowl. He was much more talented than Dak, but I guess that's not really saying much. Watch the pro bowl skills challenge with Dak to see how inaccurate he is.
Bah. Dak is consistently inaccurate. Romo was All Star for the first 52 minutes of the game and then turned into a disaster in logarithmic amounts as the last 8 minutes wound down. He had awesome stats when it didn’t matter and was just awful ever single time it did. He was like the human embodiment of a curse upon a city. Never so happy to see someone in the booth. He’s always been smart, his body just didn’t want to play along.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think it's YouTube that has videos of the NFL games with only the actual play time.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Baseball is only loosely a sport, with comical amounts of dead time. I look forward to them adding a pitch clock at some point just to make them get on with it
In 2021 baseball is unwatchable for me.

I used to love it but with all the changes to the game and the heavy reliance on analytics I can't watch it anymore. The game still takes forever but now it's just constant strike outs and walks while everyone swings for the fences regardless of the situation.

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
In 2021 baseball is unwatchable for me.

I used to love it but with all the changes to the game and the heavy reliance on analytics I can't watch it anymore. The game still takes forever but now it's just constant strike outs and walks while everyone swings for the fences regardless of the situation.

Try watching NHL hockey, similar long history. And it’s much much much faster pace, sometimes you don’t get a stoppage for 5-10 min.

Also it’s the only sport as a fan I can watch a game of two teams I don’t care anything about and still get enjoyment.

And playoff hockey, if you don’t watch the playoffs you have been missing out for years…

GO WINGS!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Try watching NHL hockey, similar long history. And it’s much much much faster pace, sometimes you don’t get a stoppage for 5-10 min.

Also it’s the only sport as a fan I can watch a game of two teams I don’t care anything about and still get enjoyment.

And playoff hockey, if you don’t watch the playoffs you have been missing out for years…

GO WINGS!
I just can't take the stupid Lightning. Maybe because they just annihilated my Stars last season, but they were just as annoying this season.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
My 2016 ND Miata transmission feels great…
Ha, of course it does. Imagine if your shift lever were right next to the rear license plate and connected with a long cable, that's effectively what our Mk7 have.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just can't take the stupid Lightning. Maybe because they just annihilated my Stars last season, but they were just as annoying this season.
And they won the Stanley Cup again this year. Tampa Bay now has 3 major sports championships in one year.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My 2016 ND Miata transmission feels great…

ND is on its 4th or 5th revision of the transmission. They were breaking like twigs early on.