GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
"So, it's still a box. You could line up a Mk6, 7 and 8 and 97 out of 100 people couldn't tell them apart. The other 3 would own Golfs."
This is likely true and whenever I've said "We'll take my car" or "I'll just move the car" or whatever, folk have mostly said "oh, nice Golf" though not "nice, clean car" as it mostly isn't. But all Porsches do look exactly the same :cool:....

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

General Birkhalter: "Where is Colonel Fink?"

Klink: "That's Kliiiiink!"

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
I noticed that as well, but I'm skeptical. Have they even decided on feature allocation for the different trim levels yet? Adaptive suspension was always reserved for the Autobahn trim anyway.

Not sure about 2018, but 2019 SE has it as part of Experience Package as an option.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Always thought on the DSG that the stick was part of the driving pro ess. Used as a slap stick to shift when wheel is turned. That little thing in the center will be hard to find.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
The little shifter is ridiculous and looks bad, and why would you put capacitive buttons on a remote? Anyway, the rest is fine, it looks great, the digital cluster as always is nice in the VW / Audi stuff.
Not a fan of the shifter. Everything else, I think it looks good.
First thoughts

Like:
Steering wheel
seats
digital dials
exhaust tips are still real unlike many cars

Dislike:
DSG shifter
Wheels are pretty uninspiring

I'll reserve judgement on the styling until I see one in person
Always thought on the DSG that the stick was part of the driving pro ess. Used as a slap stick to shift when wheel is turned. That little thing in the center will be hard to find.

I don't mind the shifter per-se, but what I'm concerned with is dirt, liquids, or other debris gathering in the openings, and possibly ruining any components under it.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I don't mind the shifter per-se, but what I'm concerned with is dirt, liquids, or other debris gathering in the openings, and possibly ruining any components under it.

Why is the shifter so small?
Purpose?
If it is this small just make it a rotary dual. Then center would be flat and I could have 4 cup holders!

Guess mine is an antique.

Attachments

• CDDABE32-016E-466F-984A-3D7EE642C4F9.jpeg
    CDDABE32-016E-466F-984A-3D7EE642C4F9.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 111

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
That's one reason I don't undersstand it. If they're doing it to make more space in the interior, as I have seen some claim, it kind of defeats that purpose by sticking up in the middle.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I think that shifter is gonna go over like a fart in an elevator. Who wants a dumb little thing like that in a car like the GTI or R? Oh well, maybe they improved the flappy paddles over the 7/7.5. :rolleyes: