GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8 GTI Clubsport - First Drive Video

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
This car looks so much better than the mk8 GTI.
The lower fascia completely addresses the issues that put me off on the mk8 GTI.
It even helps me with the headlights.
If the GTI looked like this on the outside, and they'd put physical controls back on the inside - I'd be sold.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
O look they both have a lot of plastic. her eyebrows and mouth make her look like the Joker

Showing my age
1613144376570.jpeg

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
No manual in the Clubsport? Pfffft. Also Mk7/7.5 still looks much better to my eye, and all that capacitive touch stuff is a complete non-starter for me. Wait a year or two and they'll fix that nonsense.

Does the reviewer have an OnlyFans page?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Mk8s are hideous regardless of the model. Nothing can make me like this body style.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
How does everyone feel about that dash? I'm not feeling it.
I'm ok with the screens.
Not ok with the no physical controls.
Also, the general interior has a Rubbermade look to it, when so many manufacturers are upping their game on interior quality levels.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I think its something I can get used to. It has that flat Star Trek shuttle looking dash.
Yeah, I'm quite an analog fan.
Part of that is because they will essentially always work.
With screens, who knows?
But screens have come a long way, and graphics are clear and configurable - so I've mostly come around to them.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Yeah, I'm quite an analog fan.
Part of that is because they will essentially always work.
With screens, who knows?
But screens have come a long way, and graphics are clear and configurable - so I've mostly come around to them.

I wonder if the TFT screens are actually cheaper than the analog ones. Our analog gauges already work of electronic sensors. If they didn't we would not be able to swap to the TFT clusters. I think if I keep my GTI long enough...I'll do the conversion.

I'm part of a UK Mk7 group...and one of the guys asked about the cluster in the Mk8. Someone replied saying that its not that great. Its lacks certain functionality. One of them is that you can't display Carplay/Android Auto.