GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GolfR plus.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Would be nice but VW never brings nice things.
The MK8 R is so much better looking than the GTI this time.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I will still hope and pray for AMG to bring the A45 to the USA and back into another AMG.
Have you driven the old CLA/GLA45? Horrible thing. MB has the old Mk4 version of Haldex that's 100% fwd until slip is detected and it's slow to transfer after that, with a max of 50% to the rear. Combine that with a truly awful transmission, a suspension that is comically stiff and the motor that feels like it makes about 17 lb/ft off boost and it's a miserable thing. It's possible that they'll really improve things with this generation but it's a given that the transmission will still be terrible.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
Have you driven the old CLA/GLA45? Horrible thing. MB has the old Mk4 version of Haldex that's 100% fwd until slip is detected and it's slow to transfer after that, with a max of 50% to the rear. Combine that with a truly awful transmission, a suspension that is comically stiff and the motor that feels like it makes about 17 lb/ft off boost and it's a miserable thing. It's possible that they'll really improve things with this generation but it's a given that the transmission will still be terrible.
no I owned a C55 and a C63 and loved them both even though I worked for Audi for 15yrs I like AMG's alot

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
no I owned a C55 and a C63 and loved them both even though I worked for Audi for 15yrs I like AMG's alot
Those are both wildly different cars, like comparing an M3 to a Mini JCW. MB fwd cars leave a lot to be desired. I don't think of the 45 cars as true AMG cars. I know the new motor is built in Affalterbach (on its own assembly line), unlike the old one, but it's still not the same thing as the V8's (or half of one.)

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
Those are both wildly different cars, like comparing an M3 to a Mini JCW. MB fwd cars leave a lot to be desired. I don't think of the 45 cars as true AMG cars. I know the new motor is built in Affalterbach (on its own assembly line), unlike the old one, but it's still not the same thing as the V8's (or half of one.)

true if they brought the A45 I'd be signing papers

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Not sure about the States, but here in the Caribbean a guy I know recently got the A45s and it truly looks amazing in person.
Yeah, we only get the CLA and GLA 45, the only A we get is the sedan and the highest motor we get in it is the 35.