GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7_bk 2017 6mt S | Rags to Riches build

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Installed LED trunk light from deautokey, took all of 3 minutes. Looks great, it's the little thing
IMG_1924.jpg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
How do you like your ORT coilovers? I'm leaning towards EQT right now especially the sale going on now. But ORT is also 10 minutes away from me too.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
How do you like your ORT coilovers? I'm leaning towards EQT right now especially the sale going on now. But ORT is also 10 minutes away from me too.
I like them alot, Andrew really hooked it up when I bought them and threw in some other stuff too for free. I would say they are probably right on par with the eqt quality, but, Andrew makes custom builds too, so whatever you want setup he can do. I assume eqt can as well. I just looked and eqt sale its like 1061, the ones I have from ort are like 950 or something. I cant complain the ride and fitment are exactly what I was looking for

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Longshot but do you recall how much clearance you had between the mounting hardware of the maxton front splitter and the intercooler once the bumper cover was reinstalled? Dunno if you by chance noticed or looked before reinstalling everything.

I'm going with an Aerofabb splitter and I figure with the support brace and spacers and hardware I'll need 1/2" - 1" more room than you need so if you don't have the space I might be in trouble haha.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Longshot but do you recall how much clearance you had between the mounting hardware of the maxton front splitter and the intercooler once the bumper cover was reinstalled? Dunno if you by chance noticed or looked before reinstalling everything.

I'm going with an Aerofabb splitter and I figure with the support brace and spacers and hardware I'll need 1/2" - 1" more room than you need so if you don't have the space I might be in trouble haha.
For my FMIC, there is not issues at all with clearance. For the Front splitter, this was drilled into the bumper. The hardware that attached to the bumper wasn't super long/ The splitter itself where you drill into and attach is only like 1/8" thick or something like that

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
For my FMIC, there is not issues at all with clearance. For the Front splitter, this was drilled into the bumper. The hardware that attached to the bumper wasn't super long/ The splitter itself where you drill into and attach is only like 1/8" thick or something like that

Good info, thank you.

I'm about to install my Baun FMIC and was just hoping I don't hit a snag. Doing that and the aerofabb at the same time so I don't have to pull the bumper more often than I have to and it'd be unfortunate if it didn't go back on.