GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 vs top speed

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
If anyone else has a top speed run that they'd be willing to share, feel free to drop it! I'd love to see if we can push higher! 😄

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It was drag limited to 180mph, still had a ways to go to the rev limiter.

Just imagine how hot everything is being WOT that long, definitely risking cylinder #4 piston ring lands. Being low on fuel ups the risk as well.

Speaking of risk, yes, yes that was overall very risky in general. Thanks for keeping the shiny side up!

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
It was drag limited to 180mph, still had a ways to go to the rev limiter.

Just imagine how hot everything is being WOT that long, definitely risking cylinder #4 piston ring lands. Being low on fuel ups the risk as well.

Speaking of risk, yes, yes that was overall very risky in general. Thanks for keeping the shiny side up!
I think he meant E85, I went back and watched the video. Looks like a full tank

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I went 140 once - in a built Dodge Dakota of all things - but try to stay under triple digits these days. I like having a driver's license.

There was a video clip on RUF testing a Porsche on the Autobahn a ways back. Supposedly, they test every car to certify it's performance.
The dude was going 211 with two other people and camera rig (back when they were heavy) in the car. At night.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
I went 140 once - in a built Dodge Dakota of all things - but try to stay under triple digits these days. I like having a driver's license.

There was a video clip on RUF testing a Porsche on the Autobahn a ways back. Supposedly, they test every car to certify it's performance.
The dude was going 211 with two other people and camera rig (back when they were heavy) in the car. At night.
this video?