GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs Porsche Cayman S 981

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Ever since my turbo swap I have been trying to get my buddy to run me in his 2014 Cayman S 3.4L 6spd. Last night I finally convinced him to go out for some fun runs. His only mods are full exhaust (super aggressive sound), tires, and upgraded shifter.

We did a 50 roll and a few 60 rolls. He got the jump most runs but I consistently pulled a length on him by 110 or so. After our last 60 roll, he admitted he’d shifted perfectly and was impressed I still kept pulling - he conceded my car was definitely faster in a straight line, car seats in back and all. He was also shocked that it was so freaking quiet while pulling so hard… granted his exhaust is so loud it probably drowned out everything else on his end.

I’m still super envious of the 981 though, that car is the total package in terms of bang for buck all around performance as far as I’m concerned.

Mods: MK7 GTI (non-pp), APR DTR6054/tune, DSG tune, IE IC stock location, AFE drop-in filter.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Carbon, man, videoooooo!!
1662327126402.gif

17sport

Car(s)
17 GTI sport
981 boxster S have 2nd gear soo tall, bogs down in 2nd unless redline shifts the first. And really stiff steering and suspension. Noisy interior make it annoying to drive.