GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs E60 M5

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
M5 had “Danger Jet Blast” stickers over the exhaust - mods unknown. Did a few pulls and a 50 roll, M5 had a passenger:

GTI by a few cars before I let off.

Owner pulled even afterwards and his passenger/gf/wife asked “What IS that?” to which I replied “Just a GTI but it’s modified”. Funny that it took them by such surprise that they were questioning what the car was. Equally funny that the dude was down for a run with his lady in the car. My wife wouldn’t be caught dead in the car with me pulling that shite.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Lol, nice pull!

My wife gets pissed if I try to have much fun with her in the car. It’s always amazing to me when we’re on a fast cruise and there’s wives or sometimes even kids.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Lol, nice pull!

My wife gets pissed if I try to have much fun with her in the car. It’s always amazing to me when we’re on a fast cruise and there’s wives or sometimes even kids.

Family member reactions when I have an opening to punch it on the highway:

Son: hits triple digits *gets nervous*
Daughter: whenever I let off “that was xxx, CAN IT GO FASTER”
Wife: at 95mph - “you don’t need to go this fast. If you get a ticket, I’m gonna kill you”

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion

Wife: at 95mph - “you don’t need to go this fast. If you get a ticket, I’m gonna kill you”
Sounds like daughter is the best (worst) copilot.

My wife (not-so) secretly wants to punch it whenever she drives the GTI, but will never admit it. I can see the smile creeping when she gets on the gas.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Yeah - my wife is very do as I say, not as I do. Road trips I always get the “you don’t need to be going xx, yy is just fine” and when she is driving it’s 10mph over xx.

The few times she’s driven my car after the turbo upgrade she’s mashed the gas…

My daughter is my bad influence. Ever since that one day on the highway I had to pass somebody and we hit 107, she’s always telling me to stomp on it.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Yeah - my wife is very do as I say, not as I do. Road trips I always get the “you don’t need to be going xx, yy is just fine” and when she is driving it’s 10mph over xx.

The few times she’s driven my car after the turbo upgrade she’s mashed the gas…

My daughter is my bad influence. Ever since that one day on the highway I had to pass somebody and we hit 107, she’s always telling me to stomp on it.
I feel like this is the support that I’ve been missing! Congrats on having a fun family, lol.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Bahaha !! Here is mine:

daughter: giggles and says again !
best friend: dude I need a GTI..
g/f: calmly sits over there with a growing grin that increases with speed.
best friends wife: cries and starts whispering prayers.
g/f's mom: Is this legal?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

My oldest daughter told me "I feel safer with you at 150 than I do with mom at 70"