GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs 2015 Charger R/T

AsianInaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Don't have a video... too busy driving :p :) lol BUT STORY TIME:

I was coming up a pretty busy 4 lane road by me just minding my own business when I see a pretty cool looking set of headlights flying up behind me. This Charger R/T comes right up behind me, flashing his brights, and roars past me.

This thing was loud as hell, so of course I go after him because... race car. I get up next to him and we slow down to about 40, start doing pulls. Guy can't touch me. Every single time I'd pull about a car length on him. So of course we find a light and get up to it while it's red, we take off. The GTI in all its glory pulls ahead from the start and to my surprise, stayed there. I had a bout a half car length on him the entire time. We got to 100 and backed off. The guy asked me to pull into a parking lot for a second so of course I do.

First thing he says... WTF IS THAT THING?! Guy was running a 2.75 in exhaust and headers.

Ha. It was a fun time.

I'm only running a MK7 APR Stg 1, Res Delete, Injen Evo intake, DV+, Dogbone Insert, and Boomba Short Shift. Pretty basic build but most fun on the cheap!

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Don't have a video... too busy driving :p :) lol BUT STORY TIME:

I was coming up a pretty busy 4 lane road by me just minding my own business when I see a pretty cool looking set of headlights flying up behind me. This Charger R/T comes right up behind me, flashing his brights, and roars past me.

This thing was loud as hell, so of course I go after him because... race car. I get up next to him and we slow down to about 40, start doing pulls. Guy can't touch me. Every single time I'd pull about a car length on him. So of course we find a light and get up to it while it's red, we take off. The GTI in all its glory pulls ahead from the start and to my surprise, stayed there. I had a bout a half car length on him the entire time. We got to 100 and backed off. The guy asked me to pull into a parking lot for a second so of course I do.

First thing he says... WTF IS THAT THING?! Guy was running a 2.75 in exhaust and headers.

Ha. It was a fun time.

I'm only running a MK7 APR Stg 1, Res Delete, Injen Evo intake, DV+, Dogbone Insert, and Boomba Short Shift. Pretty basic build but most fun on the cheap!

Sweet[emoji41]

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
iunno a random dude telling me to pull into a parking lot after i beat his car multiple times doesnt sound like a good time lol

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Nice kill!

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Old guys in challengers are my favorite. There is one by me with "FST-CAR" as his license plate. He tried to pull on me onw day and a half second later when I went around him he locked up the brakes. Fast car my ass

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Was it a 5.7 or 6.4 v8? I will be running a 17 392 Daytona from a roll soon.

Tico63

Ready to race!
Nice kill :)

At least he was chill and not being all butthurt about it.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
But, the R/T emblem is on the back of the Scat. Lol.

Yes it still has the r/t emblem but no owner will call it a r/t due to the vast differences. It would be like calling the clubsport and gti as an example as it's the closest thing I can think of for a car maker right now