GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs 201*? Camaro

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Camaro came in hot then slowed down right next to me.. lol He would pull like he wanted to race but then I would pull to catch up and it would be much much faster.. Finally ended up doing the 1,2,3 horn thing on the first straight away and completely annihilated him... lol Need to get a rear dash cam.. all you can see is his headlights disappearing in the lane next to me.. 😂 I have a JB1 on Map2 and a catless DP, assuming he was stock... not sure.

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
How do you know if he even tried?
Should have turned the dashcam a little.. he revved his engine and matched my speed until the straightaway.. then we went at the honk. *Bad camerawork..* 🤦‍♂️

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Does a JB1 have a Map 2? I thought it was just Map 1 and 6 on a JB1.
Yea I guess they updated the firmware maybe? I bought it through somebody on the forum.. but when I plugged it into the PC, it uses the "JB4" computer program, and it allows me to select Map1-8.. I've only done Maps 1,2 and 6. But Map 2 is definitely different than Map 1.. i've logged it on Map 2, I just don't really know how to read the logs.. lol

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Yea I guess they updated the firmware maybe? I bought it through somebody on the forum.. but when I plugged it into the PC, it uses the "JB4" computer program, and it allows me to select Map1-8.. I've only done Maps 1,2 and 6. But Map 2 is definitely different than Map 1.. i've logged it on Map 2, I just don't really know how to read the logs.. lol
The JB4 has a wire that taps the AFR wire on the o2 harness. The JB1 does not have that wire. Maps 2 and up on the JB4 require AFR data.

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
The JB4 has a wire that taps the AFR wire on the o2 harness. The JB1 does not have that wire. Maps 2 and up on the JB4 require AFR data.
Do you have a link? I've been trying to find updated specifications for the various maps.. I am aware that the JB4 reads thousands of things while the JB1 reads hundreds.. however when the JB1 as far as i've read has always had more maps available than maps 1 and 6.. The most recent post i've read on this says Map 1 basically just increases boost by 4.8 and Map 2 increases boost by 5.0. Again, I could be wrong.. but I've been on map 2 for about a month now and it hasn't kicked me back to the safety map or thrown any codes or errors either. And there is definitely a difference between map 1 and 2.