GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 TSI 1.8 APR Stage 1 - Scheduled

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Right. I'm old. I'm not dead.
I'm right behind you Woody so your not alone.LOL I just installed a cold air intake on mine and it does look and sound cool.Take a look at the one Burger Motorsports sells as it is a good bang for the buck and retains the lower part of the fresh air box.We'll keep on chuggin buddy.There are several ways we can get a little rush from our stock cars.Sports mode,Paddle shifters,S on the dsg shifter or manual mode on shifter.I like to alternate playing with these.I did notice something the other day which is there is no launch mode on my GTI.When I went to try it it would only rev to 1800rpm so VW must have changed that compared to my DSG in my Sportwagen.Another thing is you can see what rpm these cars are limited at by flooring the gas pedal in park.It will top out at 3800 rpm even while driving which is around 125 mph or 220 kph in Canada.I know a tune will eliminate that limiter if that is what you want.

Last edited:

Woody_in_MN

Ready to race!
I'm right behind you Woody so your not alone.LOL I just installed a cold air intake on mine and it does look and sound cool.Take a look at the one Burger Motorsports sells as it is a good bang for the buck and retains the lower part of the fresh air box.We'll keep on chuggin buddy.

Burger Motorsports? Sounds tasty. (See what I did there.)

patrickmcfarland

Car(s)
2016 MK 7 Golf TSI
I’ve had my stage 1 tune for about a year now with 27k got it at 22k. Love power, though you do get used to it soon especially since I daily mine over 50-100 miles. Was going to do the IS20, had it but sold it before install. Have an APR downpipe now on too along with a AWE exhaust but will sell the Down pipe as I won’t need it now with the IS20.

My clutch is finally starting to slip in 3rd consistently though so do consider that if you get on it often.
I’m stage 1+ as well for my 1.8T the downpipe from apr claims +28hp +90 trq but there stage 2 numbers are barely different than my 93oct runs now. How much faster is it with the downpipe?

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I’m stage 1+ as well for my 1.8T the downpipe from apr claims +28hp +90 trq but there stage 2 numbers are barely different than my 93oct runs now. How much faster is it with the downpipe?
Negligible from my experience. Never did dyno it to be fair, but I noticed the noise more than I noticed the power.

If you want more power, you're better off picking up an Is20.