GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 SportWagen interior and exterior bits

MopedMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Estate 1.6 TD
Hey guys,

Just bought a Mk7 SportWagen today, 1.6 TDi Match Edition. Very happy with it, but a few things I want to change at the earliest convenience.

At the moment it has the OE fabric interior. I have a little boy, who's find of making messes, so if possible, I'd like to out a leather interior into it.
Are Golf Hatch interiors interchangeable with the SportWagen?

Secondly, it came on front coilovers and rear lowering springs. I got the original suspension in the sale too. I do like how low it sits, or moreso, how the wheels fill the arches, but it's a bit too stiff of a ride for my liking.
Before I go ahead and put the OE suspension back in, is there any other model Golf's with standard, lowered suspension from factory? I've a friend with a GTD and his seems to sit a little lower than a regular Golf.

MopedMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Estate 1.6 TD
And just a picture of my new daily for anyone interested.

Attachments

• IMG_20211214_150304.jpg
    IMG_20211214_150304.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 72

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
This is probably in the wrong section if you're asking about suspension..

Estate rear back rests are slight different due to the rear release to lower the back rest when standing near the boot... People have swapped across the mechanism so a full swap can & has been done..

Coil overs will drop the car at least 30mm from standard for your car....OEM GTD will drop about 15-20mm..

Factory lowered estates are GT, R-line, GTD, R...these all have the multilink rear suspension.....your car has the rear torsion beam suspension..

MopedMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Estate 1.6 TD
This is probably in the wrong section if you're asking about suspension..

Estate rear back rests are slight different due to the rear release to lower the back rest when standing near the boot... People have swapped across the mechanism so a full swap can & has been done..

Coil overs will drop the car at least 30mm from standard for your car....OEM GTD will drop about 15-20mm..

Factory lowered estates are GT, R-line, GTD, R...these all have the multilink rear suspension.....your car has the rear torsion beam suspension..
Thanks.... I've done rear bench swaps that required mechanisms changes so I'm more than happy about that.

As for the suspension, looks like I'll be putting in the OEM shocks and springs which came with mine.