GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 rims opinions needed ☺️

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Yes for me.
I've got graphite Neuspeeds on my car, and love them.
They don't suffer the lack of detail that black wheels can exhibit.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They don't suffer the lack of detail that black wheels can exhibit.
Yup! Even though I got black wheels on my car I’m actually not a fan of black wheels for that exact reason… but since my car is such a dark gray color and silver or bronze was not going give me the overall flow of the styling with my car I wanted I stuck with black.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
They look great. I'd run them in a heartbeat. Just stay away from gloss black like others have said. They are impossible to take care of.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
They look great. I'd run them in a heartbeat. Just stay away from gloss black like others have said. They are impossible to take care of.
I've had gloss black and matte black wheels. The matte is way harder to clean.
Gloss black is easy to clean, but you really need to keep the tires glossy, or it looks retarded.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Every Golf on here seems to have the same 3 style of aftermarket wheels.
Need something new.

In general I’m the type to do things different than others, but with cars I’ve literally never seen another Alltrack with RSE10’s in real life, despite it being perhaps the individually most popular aftermarket wheel for MK7 Golfs. So it doesn’t bother me the same way, since i only see it on forums lol.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
IMHO dark rims will be okay on white car but really shines when paired with bright sporty colors like red or green or orange whatever

for sure wanna keep it clean

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I've had gloss black and matte black wheels. The matte is way harder to clean.
Gloss black is easy to clean, but you really need to keep the tires glossy, or it looks retarded.

I'm not speaking specifically to how hard wheels are to clean. I'm talking about what it takes to keep them in good shape.

If you are taking the wheels off the car every so often and deep cleaning them / protecting them with either a spray sealant or ceramic coating, any type of finish will be very easy to clean. You can almost just spray them off with water to clean them. I've got bronze satin wheels on my car right now, and they are extremely easy to clean. But I have Griot's Garage 3in1 ceramic spray on them. I also use a PH balanced soap to make sure I'm not stripping off any of the protectant during washes. You just have to treat your wheels the same way you do the paint. Never use a "wheel cleaner"

The wheels are the dirtiest part of the car by far. Gloss black wheels, even when cared for properly, will swirl so easy it's not even funny. I originally had the gloss black Prets and they were swirled within the first few weeks of owning the car, and that was with a strict wash routine with a dedicated bucket and grit guards. They may look good, but I'll never own another set of wheels in gloss black.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I'm not speaking specifically to how hard wheels are to clean. I'm talking about what it takes to keep them in good shape.

If you are taking the wheels off the car every so often and deep cleaning them / protecting them with either a spray sealant or ceramic coating, any type of finish will be very easy to clean. You can almost just spray them off with water to clean them. I've got bronze satin wheels on my car right now, and they are extremely easy to clean. But I have Griot's Garage 3in1 ceramic spray on them. I also use a PH balanced soap to make sure I'm not stripping off any of the protectant during washes. You just have to treat your wheels the same way you do the paint. Never use a "wheel cleaner"

The wheels are the dirtiest part of the car by far. Gloss black wheels, even when cared for properly, will swirl so easy it's not even funny. I originally had the gloss black Prets and they were swirled within the first few weeks of owning the car, and that was with a strict wash routine with a dedicated bucket and grit guards. They may look good, but I'll never own another set of wheels in gloss black.
That's weird. I had the black Pretorias too, but never noticed any swirl marks. Not doubting you, it just wasn't my experience. Cleaned them with Meguiar's Gold Class soap and then finished with WashWaxAll. Never ceramic coated them.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
That's weird. I had the black Pretorias too, but never noticed any swirl marks. Not doubting you, it just wasn't my experience. Cleaned them with Meguiar's Gold Class soap and then finished with WashWaxAll. Never ceramic coated them.

You had better luck than I did. Or I was just looking closer than you were. I'm major OCD. It's a literal curse.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The most important question here is: do you like them?

Why ask other people for their opinion on your car?

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I like those. My favorites are the Konig Hypergrams with Machined Lip in Metallic Carbon. Those are on my Christmas list for my Black GTI