GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 remap

mikeok

Passed Driver's Ed
May have been done but there is not much info as cars to new I guess but has any one remapped there GTI/GTD and if so what company? Dtuk seem one of the few out there and I have spoken to Revo today who say they are releasing one "very soon" but I think they have been saying that for a while now...
Any recommendations?*

Datastorm

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe the ECU is encrypted (or something techie like that), which is making remaps difficult. I did speak to Superchips a few months ago on availability, and was informed of the above mentioned sticking point which was effectively stopping them progressing for the time being.

I assume there must be a technical workaround for this now if others are starting to release maps?

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Look at the gti tuning section!
Revo and APR will have proper tunes in the next few months. DTUK teamed up with Shark performance to make a piggyback ecu which takes the current ecu and tricks it via its sensors so it thinks the weathers colder etc to make it chuck in a little more fuel and thus get more power.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28
Have a look at the top few topics and you'll get the jist :)

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
And as datastorm said, getting past the ecu security takes some time I believe. Making the remaps work and checking for longevity and reliability etc takes a lot longer than a piggyback which is, in essence, simply the right resistors in the right combination.

Last edited: